The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > International Field Reports

Notices

International Field Reports Had a great time around the world? Tell us about it here!

User Tag List
Driver

Old 02-08-2017, 09:08 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 866 / Power: 8
SheldonXX is a splendid one to beholdSheldonXX is a splendid one to beholdSheldonXX is a splendid one to beholdSheldonXX is a splendid one to beholdSheldonXX is a splendid one to beholdSheldonXX is a splendid one to beholdSheldonXX is a splendid one to behold
[QUOTE=Black Page;16245047]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mygirly View Post
For God's sake, why would you want a portable modem with USB connection to your laptop?? Does not your laptop have a wifi card?
And then you also want a "Router that connects to the USB portable sim card too. Hence turning the area where I am into a hot spot"??

Buy a single portable WiFi modem/router!
Sounds to me... Taking off the pants to fart.
Old 02-08-2017, 09:09 PM
Samster

SheldonXX is a splendid one to beholdSheldonXX is a splendid one to beholdSheldonXX is a splendid one to beholdSheldonXX is a splendid one to beholdSheldonXX is a splendid one to beholdSheldonXX is a splendid one to beholdSheldonXX is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDAMn View Post
Same issues about the entry of uber n grab into batam thus affecting the overcrowded taxi market.Started from as early as 5am.
Only in Batam that taxi drivers behave like they own the taxi industry.
Old 02-08-2017, 10:44 PM
Samster

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1129 / Power: 22
lurpsexx has much to be proud oflurpsexx has much to be proud oflurpsexx has much to be proud oflurpsexx has much to be proud oflurpsexx has much to be proud oflurpsexx has much to be proud oflurpsexx has much to be proud oflurpsexx has much to be proud oflurpsexx has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheldonXX View Post
Not for Indonesia's case. Their VoIP rate for calling overseas number is much much cheaper than sending sms.
Yup, applicable for USA N Europe where they voice call more.. WhatsApp call quality can't beat voice calls, n the operators there prefer to call you over the phone to confirm details..
Old 03-08-2017, 01:59 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 11
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynex123 View Post
Bro nono,

appreciate a lot your help with all detail answers. Just a quick question, about the SIM. do you mean actually there are other sims which are cheaper and lesser days?
I am actually not sure what are ALL the available packages for all Indo Telco services,hehehe...there are too many (its gonna take me ages to translate and figure out,hehehe...).

BUT, I think I did saw some adverts on M1 ,Starhub and Singtel sim card selling at Harbour Front which anyone could use it in Malaysia, Indonesia etc at about S$5/S$8 that comes with roaming and a few hundred megabytes of data free (to be use in some Asian countries).

There's one thing I notice in this thread,whenever anyone advise newbies to buy a simple sim card in Batam for data (usually the mention price is 10k rupiah to 50k rupiah), BUT from reading their FRs and reviews,i notice most if not all ,ends up buying 100k rupiah sim (there are others who even end up topping more money after their 100k rupiah sim card purchase, worrying themselves that they might not have enough).

Now, i put myself in the shoe of a sim card seller. I see a tourist walking into my shop asking for a 10k sim card (or anything under 50k),will I sell that to him/her? (even if I have the stock) Hehehe...I will try to sell him/her the 100k one obviously and even ask him to top up more.

Another angle of view,will batam locals buy sim card at places where there are many tourist? Or at tourist spot? Obvious answer...right?

Yes ,here's yet another angle of view from a tourist's perspective. Will he/she spend time in Batam to hunt around for a 10k (or anything under 50k) sim card? Hehehe... unlikely too, right?

Standing from a Sillyporean perspective (as myself),what are my options?

1. Buy a S$5/S$8 pre-paid sim card in Singapore (or activate the data passport thingy on post paid sim card). Singtel,M1 and Starhub all have such.

2. Don't rely on internet upon stepping out of hotel by doing my own homework beforehand.

3. Have someone (which I knew in person) brought me to a place where I can figure out my options for a sim card (which will again, takes time). Not a compulsory on this one tho.

4. Read the respective Indonesia Telco website info to find out more (which I did).

So,my solution/s would be as in my below reply :

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynex123 View Post
or do you mean i should all together dont get any sim card since i am just there for less than 36hours?
Hehehe...most of what I said here would be myself putting in another person's shoe (and sometime trying my best to get into his mentality) to think and later source for the best solution that most suit me.

My answer is Yes,there is No Need to get a sim card if a Batam newbie is gonna be staying around for only 2D1N or maybe even 3D2N, UNLESS he would be coming back in the next 30 days or so.

Its just too time consuming to get all the right information on their telco (as it changes all the time too) and unproductive. Worse is, if one do not understand Bahasa Indo like myself.

Do some homework, copy down the maps here and set up itinerary to note down those places one wish to go. Avoid over planning and being too ambitious (I think you are already having those mindset). And you are ready to step into the island,just as anyone would do if he/she goes to Sentosa island,hehehe...

Enjoy your next Batam trip.

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info

Old 03-08-2017, 02:00 AM
Samster (eP)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 5528 / Power: 15
Black Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Only in Batam that taxi drivers behave like they own the taxi industry.
Guaranteed, not only in Batam. Also in my country in Europe and in several others, some years ago taxi drivers on strike against UBER or the concession of new additional taxi licenses blocked roads and public transport, until the authorities (this time I must use the lover caps) went begging them on knees. Sad to say that, but taxi drivers with their families control a package of votes, and politicians do not want to have them against.
You must live in Singapore, where I cannot imagine taxi on strike blocking public transport...
Old 03-08-2017, 02:08 AM
Samster (eP)

Quoted: 156 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 5528 / Power: 15
Black Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nono1973 View Post
There's one thing I notice in this thread,whenever anyone advise newbies to buy a simple sim card in Batam for data (usually the mention price is 10k rupiah to 50k rupiah), BUT from reading their FRs and reviews,i notice most if not all ,ends up buying 100k rupiah sim
I did not compare all plans and offers on the market, as I am sure you would have done at my place, but after some comparisons I concluded that the SIM card to buy for DATA access in BAtam is the 100k/140k Simpati card by Telekom Indonesia.
The reason is that it is 4G (whereas cheaper ones are 3G), it includes a bunch of data traffic (7 GB + more for special services up to 12 GB), it lasts one month (expiration postponed if you top up).
With 10 SGD I have all the Internet access I want even for a prolonged stay, at the speed of 4G (you are right that if one stays for a weekend, it is probably not needed).
Old 03-08-2017, 08:45 AM
Samster

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 411 / Power: 9
BFOMF5 is a living Saint! - you won't find betterBFOMF5 is a living Saint! - you won't find betterBFOMF5 is a living Saint! - you won't find betterBFOMF5 is a living Saint! - you won't find betterBFOMF5 is a living Saint! - you won't find better
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heil Hitler View Post
Isn't Morena29 a banned joint?
Yes some Bros blacklisted it.
Old 03-08-2017, 08:50 AM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Page View Post
Guaranteed, not only in Batam. Also in my country in Europe and in several others, some years ago taxi drivers on strike against UBER or the concession of new additional taxi licenses blocked roads and public transport, until the authorities (this time I must use the lover caps) went begging them on knees. Sad to say that, but taxi drivers with their families control a package of votes, and politicians do not want to have them against.
You must live in Singapore, where I cannot imagine taxi on strike blocking public transport...
2 years ago, premium taxi drivers at the Changi Airport ganged up and blocked the entrance to the taxi holding area at Terminal 1. You may or may not be aware, premium taxi fares can cost up to 60% of regular taxis. And, for that incident, Changi Airport Group tried to make them join a separate queue. End up, regular taxis were picking up customers happily but these premium taxis (such as Chrysler, Vans, Merc cabs etc) were left in the queue grumpily.

So what they did? Ganged up to block the entrance to the taxi holding area to Terminal 1. It was just a pilot project for T1 then. No taxi were able to enter to pick up customer. And no one is willing to take expensive taxis. Police and Member of Parliament have to be called in to handle the situation.
Old 03-08-2017, 08:53 AM
Samster

On the subject of sim card, usually you need to pay a small fee of 2,000 rupiah when you top up your sim card in Batam.

Next time you're there, try topping up at Alfamart. This apply to 100k top up. They don't charge you the 2,000 rp fee. Instead, you get a 500 rp discount too.

Not a big amount 2,500 rp. But, do this 10 times and you just saved enough for a simple lunch.
Old 03-08-2017, 08:54 AM
Samster

nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future

Interesting email received last week,hehehe...

Just sharing but i chose to censor off its address,phone number and reservation email because if one has the heart,they can easily find this hotel online. Good deal in the sense that one do not need to deal with taxi drivers at the ferry terminals. Hehehe...another hotel offering free transport. Too bad,still cant beat the hotel that offers me 2 way free transport.

Note : I didnt spell the hotel's name out here (not Da Vienna) becos the free 2 way shuttle service transport is supposingly applicable to me only (i think so ,and i shall share more of this in my next upcoming 39th trip summary). Other customers,they will charge 50k rupiah (2-way).

Batam booking joint with the most number of girls is just about 5 mins walk from the photo-ed hotel above too.

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

Old 03-08-2017, 08:57 AM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurpsexx View Post
Yup, applicable for USA N Europe where they voice call more.. WhatsApp call quality can't beat voice calls, n the operators there prefer to call you over the phone to confirm details..
Not referring to things like WhatsApp call,but more like our V019.

For Simpati, just call 01017 + 65 + phone number and you will be charged very cheap rate.

Refer here:

http://www.telkomsel.com/services/sambungan-langsung-internasional/1653-SLI-01017.html
Old 03-08-2017, 08:59 AM
Samster

Quote:
Next time you're there, try topping up at Alfamart. This apply to 100k top up. They don't charge you the 2,000 rp fee. Instead, you get a 500 rp discount too.
This is interesting,2 months ago when i try to top up my sim card at Alfa Mart,the staffs wants to charge me more than 2k per 100k,so i give them a miss instead...i ask a local friend to help me top up via their local indo bank ATM card and its free (no 2k charges).

I will give alfa mart another try later on...maybe its a new promo,hehehe...thank you for sharing.

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

Old 03-08-2017, 09:05 AM
Samster

Maybe they feel you are foreigner, hence try the 2,000 fee with you. I Malay, no way will they guess I local or not.

Indonesians are like this one. Maybe just for 200k, they can even sell their siblings to you.
Old 03-08-2017, 09:07 AM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurpsexx View Post
Sometimes in overseas when you need to receive calls from locals, getting a local prepaid sim card with data and calls is much better.. The locals can call you on the local number sim , n if you roam on sg sim card for data while overseas, then the locals not willing to call u as its international call for them n very expensive.. esp for Uber or grab drivers to place a phone call to you to confirm location etc ( not WhatsApp call)..
You have a point there bro...

It ultimately depends on the need of a person who buys the sim card,whereby i was referring to someone new to Batam on my last message,hehehe...

Quote:
For God's sake, why would you want a portable modem with USB connection to your laptop?? Does not your laptop have a wifi card?
And then you also want a "Router that connects to the USB portable sim card too. Hence turning the area where I am into a hot spot"??
A wifi card built in my lap top is different from a "USB portable sim card modem". What if i am not staying in a "hotel"? And/or if the wifi signal in the hotel i am staying in is,weak?

I have the option of Lan line tho,something i am constantly looking at over my last 3 over years in Batam when it comes to hotel stay, the "USB portable sim card modem" would be my plan B.

Quote:
Maybe they feel you are foreigner, hence try the 2,000 fee with you. I Malay, no way will they guess I local or not.
Hehehe...they try to charge me 3k because i was topping up WAY more than 100k on few different indo lines. Too bad,they lost the deal,i just walk off.

I must admit, not being able to speak bahasa and not in their skin color can some time be my disadvantage. Luckily i constantly have alternatives (tho this dont happen in every issues).

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

Old 03-08-2017, 09:08 AM
Samster

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2805 / Power: 9
fde83 has a reputation beyond reputefde83 has a reputation beyond reputefde83 has a reputation beyond reputefde83 has a reputation beyond reputefde83 has a reputation beyond reputefde83 has a reputation beyond reputefde83 has a reputation beyond reputefde83 has a reputation beyond reputefde83 has a reputation beyond reputefde83 has a reputation beyond reputefde83 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You must live in Singapore, where I cannot imagine taxi on strike blocking public transport
When was the last time sg has a strike, at least this guys have the nuts to say something when putting food on their table is getting harder now with Uber and grab being introduced. Hehe
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1