The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Sexual Health Issues

Notices

Sexual Health Issues If you need medical advice regarding your sexual health, ask Dr Tan. We are honored to have an In House Doctor who is here to help.

User Tag List

Old 05-06-2017, 07:45 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 346 / Power: 16
hellobye is one of the Best!hellobye is one of the Best!hellobye is one of the Best!hellobye is one of the Best!
Bro who went testing at that period take note..

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...8?view=DEFAULT
Old 05-06-2017, 08:32 PM

Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bro who went testing at that period take note..

thanks for sharing.

SINGAPORE: Nine lots of a brand of HIV screening test kits have been recalled, after it was found that the kits could result in false negative results for some people in the early stages of an HIV infection, announced the Health Sciences Authority (HSA) on Monday (Jun 5).

The affected lots of SD Bioline HIV Ag/Ab Combo were supplied to 26 clinics and as well as the National University Hospital (NUH), and they were issued an urgent notice by the kits' local importer Unison Collaborator on May 11.

NUH and the clinics were advised to stop using the kits and to retest people who had tested negative using the affected lots.

"According to the manufacturer, when a patient is in the very early window period, the lower sensitivity of the affected lots may reduce detection, with the possibility of a false negative result for this subset of patients," said HSA in a news release.

In response to media queries, HSA said it does not know how many people were tested with the affected kits as it does not have data on the usage of such test kits.

It did say, however, that a total of 547 kits - each containing 25 tests - were supplied to the healthcare facilities.

SD Bioline HIV Ag/Ab Combo is a rapid HIV Antigen and Antibody combo test, which allows users to screen for an HIV infection earlier. There is usually a window period of up to three months during the early stages of infection when blood tests may be unable to detect the virus, but rapid test kits are able to shorten that window period.

As a precautionary measure, HSA said all 36 healthcare facilities in Singapore supplied with this brand of test kit - not only the affected lots - have been told to stop using them and to turn to other brands of rapid HIV test kits until further notice.

It added that people with high risk of HIV exposure who have taken a rapid HIV test between February 2016 and May 2017 should to check with their clinic on the need for a re-test.

The list of healthcare facilities supplied with the affected lots can be found here.

HSA also stated that all rapid HIV tests are not meant to confirm an infection and are to be used only as an initial screening test.

Positive rapid test results must be confirmed by sending a blood specimen to a clinical laboratory for Enzyme Immunoassay (EIA) testing and further confirmatory testing by Western Blot if necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellobye View Post

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here
Old 05-06-2017, 10:13 PM
Samster (M)

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: -26 / Power: 0
MrMuscleman is stuck in moderation for some time to come

As long as u use condom for sex with prostitutes. Why need to test?
Old 06-06-2017, 09:02 AM
Samster

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 827 / Power: 16
maxsee is a splendid one to beholdmaxsee is a splendid one to beholdmaxsee is a splendid one to beholdmaxsee is a splendid one to beholdmaxsee is a splendid one to beholdmaxsee is a splendid one to beholdmaxsee is a splendid one to behold

A friend of mine use double layer of condom to poke whore and got HIV leh...come out in the news couple of years back....so with or without condom still need to get tested leh....

色不异空,空不异色,色即是空,空即是色 .....

Going for FL is like going to the tiger's cave, can u be 100% sure u are safe...Read up on HIV Stigmas
http://www.avert.org/hiv-aids-stigma...rimination.htm
Old 06-06-2017, 09:34 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 4 / Power: 0
takumikumi86 is Cool - loads of Potential
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sexy View Post
thanks for sharing.

SINGAPORE: Nine lots of a brand of HIV screening test kits have been recalled, after it was found that the kits could result in false negative results for some people in the early stages of an HIV infection, announced the Health Sciences Authority (HSA) on Monday (Jun 5).

The affected lots of SD Bioline HIV Ag/Ab Combo were supplied to 26 clinics and as well as the National University Hospital (NUH), and they were issued an urgent notice by the kits' local importer Unison Collaborator on May 11.

NUH and the clinics were advised to stop using the kits and to retest people who had tested negative using the affected lots.

"According to the manufacturer, when a patient is in the very early window period, the lower sensitivity of the affected lots may reduce detection, with the possibility of a false negative result for this subset of patients," said HSA in a news release.

In response to media queries, HSA said it does not know how many people were tested with the affected kits as it does not have data on the usage of such test kits.

It did say, however, that a total of 547 kits - each containing 25 tests - were supplied to the healthcare facilities.

SD Bioline HIV Ag/Ab Combo is a rapid HIV Antigen and Antibody combo test, which allows users to screen for an HIV infection earlier. There is usually a window period of up to three months during the early stages of infection when blood tests may be unable to detect the virus, but rapid test kits are able to shorten that window period.

As a precautionary measure, HSA said all 36 healthcare facilities in Singapore supplied with this brand of test kit - not only the affected lots - have been told to stop using them and to turn to other brands of rapid HIV test kits until further notice.

It added that people with high risk of HIV exposure who have taken a rapid HIV test between February 2016 and May 2017 should to check with their clinic on the need for a re-test.

The list of healthcare facilities supplied with the affected lots can be found here.

HSA also stated that all rapid HIV tests are not meant to confirm an infection and are to be used only as an initial screening test.

Positive rapid test results must be confirmed by sending a blood specimen to a clinical laboratory for Enzyme Immunoassay (EIA) testing and further confirmatory testing by Western Blot if necessary.
This is referring to HIV test kit Gen 4 right?
Old 06-06-2017, 10:04 AM

Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute

SD Bioline HIV Ag/Ab Combo is a 4th gen ( antigen and antibody finger prick) test kit..

Quote:
Originally Posted by takumikumi86 View Post
This is referring to HIV test kit Gen 4 right?

Old 06-06-2017, 10:05 AM

the affected clinics are here
http://www.hsa.gov.sg/content/hsa/en...iolinehiv.html

List of Clinics/Hospital Supplied with affected and recalled lots of SD Bioline HIV Ag/Ab Combo Assay test kits

Action for AIDS*
Balestier Clinic and Health
Doctors Clinic & Surgery*
Dr Jeremy Chan Medical Clinic
Dr Soh’s Family Clinic*
Elyon Family Clinic and Surgery
iCare Medical @ Wellness Clinic
Island Family Clinic Keat Hong Pte Ltd
Island Family Clinic (Seng Kang)
Kensington Family Clinic*
M Lam Clinic*
National University Hospital (NUH)
Nuffield Medical Siglap Pte Ltd
O2 Medical Clinic
Pinnacle Family Clinic
Platinum Family Clinic
Prudence Family Clinic
Q & M Medical (Tampines)*
Q Medical Clinic Pte Ltd
Republic Clinics (Dr Tan & Partners)
Sagemed Pte Ltd
Shim Clinic
Silver Cross Medical
SMG Dermatology Centre
Tanjong Pagar Medical Clinics*
Vienna Medical Clinic
Zenith Medical Clinic

*Anonymous HIV Test sites

Old 06-06-2017, 10:28 AM
Samster

Consumer advisory

5 The following persons with high risk of HIV exposure who have taken a rapid HIV test between February 2016 and May 2017 are advised to check with their clinic on the need for a re-test:

(i) Tested negative for HIV infection at the clinics listed on Annex A between February 2016 and May 2017; AND

(ii) Did not return as advised for a re-test more than 3 months after the last exposure.

6 Healthcare providers routinely advise persons with high risk of HIV exposure who tested negative for HIV infection using any brand of rapid HIV test kits to return for another test more than 3 months after their last exposure to confirm that they are HIV negative. This is to rule out early infections that might not have been picked up at the first screening.

7 Alternative brands of HIV test kits are available. There is no disruption to the offer of these services to persons who would like to test their HIV status. Individuals seeking rapid HIV testing services may continue to be tested at all existing 99 medical clinics across Singapore. For further clarification, please contact HSA at Tel: 68661048.
Old 06-06-2017, 10:30 AM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by takumikumi86 View Post
Consumer advisory

5 The following persons with high risk of HIV exposure who have taken a rapid HIV test between February 2016 and May 2017 are advised to check with their clinic on the need for a re-test:

(i) Tested negative for HIV infection at the clinics listed on Annex A between February 2016 and May 2017; AND

(ii) Did not return as advised for a re-test more than 3 months after the last exposure.

6 Healthcare providers routinely advise persons with high risk of HIV exposure who tested negative for HIV infection using any brand of rapid HIV test kits to return for another test more than 3 months after their last exposure to confirm that they are HIV negative. This is to rule out early infections that might not have been picked up at the first screening.

7 Alternative brands of HIV test kits are available. There is no disruption to the offer of these services to persons who would like to test their HIV status. Individuals seeking rapid HIV testing services may continue to be tested at all existing 99 medical clinics across Singapore. For further clarification, please contact HSA at Tel: 68661048.

As long test with Gen 3 that will be fine
The consumer advisory took from channel news asia. Personnally think as long test with HIV test kit Gen 3 then will be fine
Old 06-06-2017, 10:50 AM
Samster

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 3073 / Power: 21
cavemanng has a reputation beyond reputecavemanng has a reputation beyond reputecavemanng has a reputation beyond reputecavemanng has a reputation beyond reputecavemanng has a reputation beyond reputecavemanng has a reputation beyond reputecavemanng has a reputation beyond reputecavemanng has a reputation beyond reputecavemanng has a reputation beyond reputecavemanng has a reputation beyond reputecavemanng has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, this is for 4th gen. Those using determine rapid kit etc all not affected. I thought usually with 4th gen test, they will need to get another confirmation 3 months later?

Unfortunate event. This fuckers cannot even control their production line properly. This company can really fuck it already
Old 06-06-2017, 12:15 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavemanng View Post
Yup, this is for 4th gen. Those using determine rapid kit etc all not affected. I thought usually with 4th gen test, they will need to get another confirmation 3 months later?
4th gen is to test during 2weeks after exposure. Then confirm again with 3rd gen during 4weeks n 12weeks after exposure.
So as long you confirm your status with 3rd gen, then you will no affected by this issue.
Old 08-06-2017, 09:33 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1816 / Power: 11
Tuanehkia has a brilliant futureTuanehkia has a brilliant futureTuanehkia has a brilliant futureTuanehkia has a brilliant futureTuanehkia has a brilliant futureTuanehkia has a brilliant futureTuanehkia has a brilliant futureTuanehkia has a brilliant futureTuanehkia has a brilliant futureTuanehkia has a brilliant futureTuanehkia has a brilliant future

This is a huge screw up by the company. From Feb 2016 to May 2017. Somemore sensitivity has issue means cannot filter out those true positive. Which means if those positive continue to raw their partners, I think end of the day company kana sue till pants drop
Old 09-06-2017, 12:04 AM
Samster (M)

My Reputation: Points: -26 / Power: 0
MrMuscleman is stuck in moderation for some time to come

Is oralquick test accurate?
Old 12-06-2017, 08:17 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1816 / Power: 11
Tuanehkia has a brilliant futureTuanehkia has a brilliant futureTuanehkia has a brilliant futureTuanehkia has a brilliant futureTuanehkia has a brilliant futureTuanehkia has a brilliant futureTuanehkia has a brilliant futureTuanehkia has a brilliant futureTuanehkia has a brilliant futureTuanehkia has a brilliant futureTuanehkia has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynelimyenyew View Post
Is oralquick test accurate?
I guess Dr Tan is probably the best person to answer

Why don't u try determine antibody test? Seems to be very reliable.

http://www.drtanandpartners.com/hsa-...-in-singapore/
Old 09-07-2017, 08:39 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 20 / Power: 0
GuyMugen deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

It really depends. Each case is different. See a doctor like Dr Jeremy Chan or Dr Tan & Partners to enquire more.
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1