The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Adult Discussions about SEX

Notices

Adult Discussions about SEX Misc chit chat about sex, whores, girls, love and lust. This section is a ZAP FREE zone.

User Tag List

Old 03-01-2018, 10:10 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 58 / Power: 7
TaureanLady deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
As a part-time job, which is better - Grab or Uber?

I know there's a thread called "Are Uber/Grab drivers making decent income?" and I have read through the postings in it. Thanks.

I am feeling bored at times and have thought of taking up a part-time job as a driver. My son has gone overseas for some work and won't be back for a long time.

My objectives are 3-fold:

(1) to make some part-time income
(2) to meet people and talk to people

I own a small car.

Some questions I have are:

(1) Earnings-wise, is Uber or Grab better?
(2) Should I use my own car? Some people say they rent a car to do it as they don't want to wear down their own car.
(3) Is renting a car better? Do you have any recommendations on where to rent one? How are the rates?
(4) If I spent half a day doing it (2 pm to 8 pm) from Monday to Friday, how much can I expect to earn?
(5) Is it safe for a woman driver to do this?
(6) If feasible, how do I start?

Thanks for your kind advice!

PS - What about those Uber-eat or Panda food delivery service? Worth doing?
Old 03-01-2018, 12:55 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 67 / Power: 9
MovingTarget deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: As a part-time job, which is better - Grab or Uber?

Hi,

I am not an expert in this although I am driving Uber now. I drive as & when I like. Not really depending on driving as an income as I also do other businesses. I would say it is good to spend your time wisely like driving Uber when you got nothing much to do. And yes, you get to talk to all kind of people. In general, people are nice and can share about any general topic but there are some sensitive issues like politics, sex, race and religion should be not be largely discuss unless you know the person well.

With regards to your questions;

1) I just started with Uber for less than a month. I roughly guage that average earning for 4 hours drive is around a S$100 +- depending whether there is a surge price. I have not driven Grab & will not know much about Grab. Perhaps after Uber, I shall try Grab to check it out.

2) That is absolutely true because if you are making it out as a living, you will probably drive around 200 +- km per day or more. So renting do make sense here. If you are driving part-time, you may drive around 2 to4 hours for around 50 to 100 km for a start. Because it can wear you out easily. Once your concentration is compromised, chances of getting accident & traffic fine is always higher. You may want to try out on your own car before deciding on whether you want to rent. I have sat on Uber car where the driver bought a brand new Honda Vezel for S$105K just to drive full time.

3) There are many car renting companies that are keen to rent out their car to you. I suggest that you do your survey first about the rates before renting from them. Also look at the contract about what is covered by the renting Company and ask in details on the insurance coverage. Example are the tires.

4) see no 1 for a rough gauge.

5) Yes, should be safe. When I took the PDVL course, I have seen quite a number of woman drivers attending the lesson. One that I spoken to was that she only drive for Grab family car. Other ladies in their 30s drive Uber using their own car.

6) Now, you need to attend PDVL course and pass the test before you can drive. Personally, I feel it is better this way before you start driving. Reason is because you know how to avoid getting fine and accident. The trainers are taxi uncle with 30+ years driving experience and can tell you where are the popular accident area and traffic police favourite locations. Also the kind of app that most driver are using. I am using Waze now. I think it is the best among all.

For food delivery, I won't know as I am not keen to do. I felt that the rate doesn't commensurate with the time you spend like finding parking, paid for carpark, waiting for food to be ready, collecting & finding parking space again to deliver the food to the door step.

The above is just my own personal experience & does not represent others Uber /Grab drivers experiences

If you need to know more, I can share further with you as others have also share their experiences with me. You can even PM me if you like.
Old 03-01-2018, 01:04 PM
Samster

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1167 / Power: 14
big wood has much to be proud ofbig wood has much to be proud ofbig wood has much to be proud ofbig wood has much to be proud ofbig wood has much to be proud ofbig wood has much to be proud ofbig wood has much to be proud ofbig wood has much to be proud ofbig wood has much to be proud of

well say and thanks for sharing
Old 03-01-2018, 01:29 PM
Samster

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 427 / Power: 23
neinei is a living Saint! - you won't find betterneinei is a living Saint! - you won't find betterneinei is a living Saint! - you won't find betterneinei is a living Saint! - you won't find betterneinei is a living Saint! - you won't find better

How about Grahhitch?
Appreciate info. Thanks!
Old 03-01-2018, 01:52 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 209 / Power: 7
VirgilvanDijk4 is a Helpful and Caring SamsterVirgilvanDijk4 is a Helpful and Caring SamsterVirgilvanDijk4 is a Helpful and Caring Samster

Thanks for the info .
Old 03-01-2018, 07:38 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by neinei View Post
How about Grahhitch?
Appreciate info. Thanks!
I have not driven Grab Hitch before. However, during my PDVL course, other participants have contributed that Grab Hitch Driver can only take up to 2 trips per day. They do not need to take PDVL nor to pass the test. Also, they do not need to put an authorised decal (Blue colour) on the front & back of the windscreen. It operates just like picking up a friend. It is ideal to pick up someone on the way to work in the same direction during the morning and back to home during the evening. Also, it is a good for networking.
Old 03-01-2018, 08:28 PM
Samster

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1731 / Power: 18
grouchycabi has a brilliant futuregrouchycabi has a brilliant futuregrouchycabi has a brilliant futuregrouchycabi has a brilliant futuregrouchycabi has a brilliant futuregrouchycabi has a brilliant futuregrouchycabi has a brilliant futuregrouchycabi has a brilliant futuregrouchycabi has a brilliant futuregrouchycabi has a brilliant futuregrouchycabi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingTarget View Post
I have not driven Grab Hitch before. However, during my PDVL course, other participants have contributed that Grab Hitch Driver can only take up to 2 trips per day. They do not need to take PDVL nor to pass the test. Also, they do not need to put an authorised decal (Blue colour) on the front & back of the windscreen. It operates just like picking up a friend. It is ideal to pick up someone on the way to work in the same direction during the morning and back to home during the evening. Also, it is a good for networking.
What is this PDVL course? How long is the course? Is there a practical test like a driving test? For people who have been driving for donkey years, do they need to take the test? Just curious.
Old 03-01-2018, 08:57 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 10305 / Power: 14
Zeith has a reputation beyond reputeZeith has a reputation beyond reputeZeith has a reputation beyond reputeZeith has a reputation beyond reputeZeith has a reputation beyond reputeZeith has a reputation beyond reputeZeith has a reputation beyond reputeZeith has a reputation beyond reputeZeith has a reputation beyond reputeZeith has a reputation beyond reputeZeith has a reputation beyond repute

I would perfer grab
Old 03-01-2018, 09:02 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 52 / Power: 8
Agobmas deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Nice sharing of info bro MovingTarget!
Old 03-01-2018, 09:27 PM
Samster

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 427 / Power: 23
neinei is a living Saint! - you won't find betterneinei is a living Saint! - you won't find betterneinei is a living Saint! - you won't find betterneinei is a living Saint! - you won't find betterneinei is a living Saint! - you won't find better
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingTarget View Post
just signed up as grabhitch driver.
possible to do more than 2 trips per day?
asking experts here
Old 03-01-2018, 09:35 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by grouchycabi View Post
What is this PDVL course? How long is the course? Is there a practical test like a driving test? For people who have been driving for donkey years, do they need to take the test? Just curious.
It stand for Private hire car Driver Vocational License. It is a course by LTA to
firstly qualify the driver and secondly to enhance Private hire car Driver driving knowledge on traffic rules, road courtesy, interaction with riders, safety and general avoidance. In short, it is the do & don't on the road. The course is a 2-day course which you can use Skill Future to pay for it. But for the test, you may have to pay in cash which is scheduled one week later.

No practical driving test is needed as you already gotten your driving license. All you need to do is to study and pass the 2 papers. 1st paper passing mark is 80/100 and 2nd paper is 86/100. High casualty rate on 2nd paper, so you really have to commit to memory.

For your good-self, you still need to take the test even thought you have donkey years of good driving record. It is a LTA ruling to control & set a standard for Private hire car Driver. Their main objective is to avoid casualty on the road.
Old 03-01-2018, 09:43 PM
Samster

Quote:
asking experts here
So far, for what I knew is only 2 trips per day probably due to lesser regulation than the normal PDVL Driver. The Grab app has limitation for Grab Hitch. So, I guess the extra keying-in may be restricted. Sorry for my limited knowledge as I have not driven Grab Hitch before.
Old 03-01-2018, 10:56 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 202 / Power: 16
uncle gg is a Helpful and Caring Samsteruncle gg is a Helpful and Caring Samsteruncle gg is a Helpful and Caring Samster

Quote:
asking experts here
nope. its limited to 2 trips per day. it's suppose to be a hitch ride service, akin car pool, small token to cover any expenses. not meant for daily income.
Old 03-01-2018, 11:05 PM
Samster (M)

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: -113 / Power: 0
bimpom bimpom

Part time go for Uber. Their incentive structure is twice per week.

Eg. Mon to Thursday drive (35 to 75)trips get $90-$180
Fri to Sun drive (45 trips to 65 trips) get $110-$200+
No acceptance rate Nor cancellation rate.
Straightforward. Hit the number of trips get the extra money.

For Grab u HAVE to Maintain an acceptance rate of at least 90%
Cancellation must be at 10%

And the trips must be driven at specific time mainly the peak hours. With all these set of rules, doesn’t Ensure u earn more. In fact fares are significantly lower than Uber and Taxi.

So whether going to be full timer or part timer, I would recommend Uber. Hope that clarifies.
Old 04-01-2018, 12:45 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 23 / Power: 0
mika01 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Quote:
asking experts here
Though LTA says no more than 2 trips a day but the app does not restrict you. I know of people who drives 3-4 trips a day.
Golden rule: Don’t get caught.
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1