The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Soccer, Horses, and MBS/RWS talk

Notices

Soccer, Horses, and MBS/RWS talk With the IRs up and running, what better place to exchange tips and techniques on how to tip the odds in your favour! [Please note that with the passing of the Remote Gambling Act, Internet gambling links and Adverts are no longer allowed in this section.]

Fastgoal Image
Fastgoal : Reliable Score Service

View Poll Results: Will Fabio Capello be successful for the England post
His many titles in Italy & Spain speaker volumns of his capability. 3 42.86%
He is to defensive minded. 2 28.57%
He will not last long,as he cannot deliver. 0 0%
He is there just to show that a foreigner is good for the England jib. 2 28.57%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Old 08-05-2010, 08:45 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1222 / Power: 19
joew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud of
Re: Fabio Capello's appointment as England manager

Old 08-08-2010, 05:22 AM
Samster

joew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud of

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/070820...nners-duo.html

Jack Wilshere & Kieran Gibbs will represent the dawn of a new England era next wk aft being named in Fabio Capello's squad 2 face Hungary at Wembley on Wednesday.
Only 10 of the World Cup squad have made it into this friendly line-up, with goalkeepers Robert Green,David James not included & new Liverpool signing Joe Cole also left out.
Bobby Zamora heads a revamped forward line, which also includes Carlton Cole and Darren Bent in addition to Wayne Rooney.
There are returning faces too, in Manchester City's Adam Johnson and Theo Walcott of Arsenal, who were both axed from Capello's provisional squad prior to the World Cup.
Manchester United's Wes Brown and Phil Jagielka of Everton come in to bolster the defensive ranks.
Born on New Year's Day 1992, Wilshere will become the 10th youngest England international of all-time if he plays some part against the once-mighty Magyars.

Wilshere has already set a few notable landmarks in his fledgling career, including becoming Arsenal's youngest league debutant two seasons ago and being the fifth 16-year-old to feature in the Champions League.

With five under-21 caps to his name, he has already made a favourable impression on Stuart Pearce and his half-season on loan at Bolton last term did not go unnoticed by Capello.

Knowing he must now look to the future, the Italian views Wilshere as the ideal age to develop at a more rapid rate, which is why he was included and Jack Rodwell is not.

Goalkeepers:
Ben Foster (Birmingham), Joe Hart (Manchester City), Paul Robinson (Blackburn Rovers)

Defenders:
Wes Brown (Manchester United), Gary Cahill (Bolton Wanderers), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Michael Dawson (Tottenham Hotspur), Kieran Gibbs (Arsenal), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), John Terry (Chelsea)

Midfielders:
Gareth Barry (Manchester City), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Adam Johnson (Manchester City), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), James Milner (Aston Villa), Ashley Young (Aston Villa), Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal)

Strikers:
Darren Bent (Sunderland), Carlton Cole (West Ham United), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Bobby Zamora (Fulham)
Old 08-08-2010, 01:24 PM
Samster

Profile of some of the youngsters in the squad tat could take 2 the field against Hungary.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/122089?cc=4716
Jack Wilshere
DOB January 1, 1992
Birth Place Stevenage, England
Height 1.70m
Weight 65 kg
Position Midfielder
Current Club Arsenal

At the age of 16, Jack Wilshere had already been compared 2 Arsenal greats Liam Brady & Dennis Bergkamp, & had become the club's youngest ever representative in league & European football. Fabio Capello also believes he can be the future of the England side & it would be an understatement 2 say there is an air of expectation surrounding the willowy teenager, who joined Arsenal @ the age of 9.
Whispers abt a talented midfielder emerging fr the youth ranks @ London Colney were given credence when, during pre-season in 2008, a 16-year-old Wilshere was welcomed into the senior squad & memorably embarrassed Real Madrid's Michel Salgado at the Emirates Cup. In his debut season for the 1st team he made 8 appearances, largely at RM & scored his 1st senior goal in a 6-0 hammering of Sheffield United in the Carling Cup as he set about breaking club records.
Though he continued to be a regular presence on the Arsenal bench aft another impressive pre-season in 2009, it was a loan move 2 Bolton in January 2010 that helped Wilshere flourish & he impressed in a central role at the Reebok Stadium when making 13 league starts under Owen Coyle, scoring his 1st Premier League goal in a defeat of West Ham in March.
Now back in the Arsenal fold, Arsene Wenger has hinted that Wilshere's time 2 shine has arrived. His challenge is 2 live up to the lofty expectations tat surround this uniquely talented prospect, particularly following his 1st senior call-up to the England side in August 2010.

Strengths: Wilshere's technique is superb & 4 a teenager he possesses very impressive vision & a keen football brain, allowing him 2 take control of a game. Whether dribbling or passing, he has the ability 2 prise open a defence.

Weaknesses: On occasion he has demonstrated a fiery temper which could be exploited by senior pros. Wilshere also still needs 2 develop physically as he is very small.

Career high: Becoming the youngest ever player to appear in the league 4 Arsenal at the age of 16 years & 256 days. His appearance against Blackburn in September 2008 broke the record established by Gerry Ward (16 years and 321 days) in 1953.

Career low: Wilshere failed to shine as a young Arsenal team were knocked out of the Carling Cup by Burnley at the QF stage in December 2008.

Style: Precocious, clever, explosive, an exciting talent.

Wilshere actually started his career with Luton Town but Arsenal spotted him in a game against Barnet and snapped him up, aged nine.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:31 AM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...ro2012&cc=4716

Fabio Capello's preparations 4 Wed's friendly against Hungary hv been thrown in2 further disarray by the news tat Wes Brown has joined Paul Robinson in announcing his retirement fr international football.
Both men were named in a new-look England squad on Sat night but Robinson made the shock announcement on Sunday that he would be withdrawing his services 4 England.
The Blackburn 'keeper was unwilling 2 be merely a squad player under Capello and has chosen to focus exclusively on club matters, although England did not call up a replacement player.
Now the FA has confirmed tat Brown visited England's team hotel in Watford on Sunday 2 inform Capello he no longer wished 2 be considered.
"Wes Brown has this evening announced his retirement fr international football,'' read a statement fr the FA on Sunday night. "He came to the England team hotel tis evening to meet with and tell Fabio Capello in person.''
The manu defender won 22 caps 4 England, the last of which came against Egypt at Wembley in March 2010.
But Brown, 30, was overlooked for the WC finals in South Africa and has now indicated he has no desire 2 continue his international career.
Jamie Carragher was England's reserve right back in South Africa, acting as deputy for Liverpool team-mate Glen Johnson, but has also announced his retirement from international football, along with striker Emile Heskey.
The FA has said there will be no replacement called up "at this time", although Everton defender Phil Jagielka can also play as a full back.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:31 PM
Samster

Gerrard warns sacking Capello would be 'crazy'

Steven Gerrard has warned tat sacking Fabio Capello would be a "crazy" & "knee-jerk" reaction amid mounting press pressure.

England qualified 4 the WC in some style under Capello & the Italian had enjoyed widespread support in the media prior 2 the tournament, but the dismal showing in South Africa has led 2 calls 4 him 2 be replaced by an Englishman.

It is a similar situation to tat which followed the 2006 WC failure under Swedish coach Sven-Goran Eriksson &, given tat Capello has won Serie A 5 times, La Liga twice & the UCL once, Gerrard feels there is no English coach available who can compare.

"It's important Fabio is still given a chance," he said. "Who out there, that's an English manager, has the CV Fabio Capello has got? It would be a knee-jerk reaction 2 sack a manager aft 1 bad tournament then think everything will be rosy when you start with a new guy & we'll go on 2 win the Euros. That's crazy. It's crazy 2 think it's as easy as that.

"I wanted him 2 stay. I hv a lot of belief in him. 2 be honest, I don't know if everyone's totally, 100% behind him becos I can't control what's going through every player's mind, but I've not seen or heard anything 2 make me think they're not.

"Everyone's desperate 2 put things right together. There's a lot of blame going towards the manager, but it was the players who underperformed out there @ the WC. People talk abt tactics & stuff, but there's only so much a manager can do - players hv 2 deliver & the players never delivered in Africa.

"Everyone knows in football tat the manager usually gets the blame if things don't go well but, 4 me, we should get behind him."

There have been calls 4 Capello 2 make changes - including abandoning his 4-4-2 formation & changing his approach to man-management - but Gerrard says the Italian is unmoved by the talk.

"Criticism doesn't seem 2 affect him," he said. "He's not changed. His routines are similar, training's similar. We've been through the mistakes we made & the things we need 2 do 2 improve.

"He has a lot of experience & he's handling it quite well. It's up 2 the players 2 ease the pressure & take the focus off him & make us a better team, more successful."

England take on Bulgaria at Wembley on Friday in their 1st Euro 2012 qualifier b4 heading 2 Switzerland on Tuesday, & Gerrard believes England need 2 rebuild their morale with 2 victories.

"Hopefully we can get 2 good results & start slowly building for the future," he said. "It's a similar situation 2 when we didn't qualify for the Euros under Steve McClaren, which was a low moment. It's going 2 take time 2 recover.

"Hopefully the booing is behind us now & we can give a good performance. We certainly have the exciting players in the squad to get off to a winning start. We qualified really well 4 the WC playing good attacking football &, if we can put in a good performance & take maximum pts, we will go into the next game with confidence."

Meanwhile, Bulgaria coach Stanimir Stoilov says his side will not just be looking 4 a point against England.

"We are not coming 2 Wembley just 2 defend," he said. "In a game like this, a win 4 us would be the perfect result but we hope not 2 lose. We hv 2 fight 2 achieve tat goal but we will try 2 play football &, in a game like this, you never know."
Old 03-09-2010, 04:43 PM
Samster

Capello backs Rooney to impress against Bulgaria

Fabio Capello has promised tat Wayne Rooney will play "in style" when England face Bulgaria in their opening Euro 2012 qualifier on Friday night.

Rooney scored his 1st goal since March in Manchester United's win over West Ham last weekend & Capello says he was impressed by the application of a player who failed badly during the WC finals.

Rooney was also targeted by disgruntled fans in England's friendly against Hungary in August but Capello believes the striker is ready 2 once again win over supporters of the national side.

"I monitored him during the last game that he played against West Ham," Capello said. "He's good, he's back & I'm happy becos he scored a goal. Rooney runs a lot around the pitch, he's free 2 move where he decides 2 go. Rooney will play 2morrow in style."

It is reported tat Capello is considering utilising Rooney as a lone striker against Bulgaria, with captain Steven Gerrard playing in an advanced role behind him, & the England boss says he has not fully settled on his starting XI.

However, he does expect Phil Jagielka 2 play @ centre back alongside Michael Upson, despite the Everton star missing a number of training sessions with the England squad.

"The keeper, Hart, Rooney, Steve, Barry, Cole, Johnson, Jagielka, more or less. I know 10 or 11, with a little doubt about 1,'' Capello said.

"The training was really good, the players r okay & some problems we had in the last 2 days r getting better. Jagielka is fit, he trained well, there is a little bit of pain but I think 4 2morrow he will be 100%.

"I'm not concerned but I know tat the central defenders will play 4 the 1st time 2gether 2morrow. I hope they will be really focusing every moment of the game & I hope Cole & Johnson will help these 2 players, & also the midfield."

England fans voiced their discontent with the underperforming WC players when the country struggled 2 beat Hungary in August's friendly, while certain elements of the national press hv been heavily critical of the coach in recent wks.

However, Capello says he is equipped 2 deal with whatever criticism comes his way. He said: "This is the job of the manager. When you win, you're the best. When you lose, you're the worst."

Capello's decision 2 exclude David Beckham fr his future plans was particularly attacked by the press & the Italian appeared 2 backtrack recently when saying that the LA Galaxy midfielder may still be in contention. It is a theme he was asked 2 revisit in Thursday's press conference.

"The door is still open 4 all the players, always," Capello said when asked about the prospect of Beckham playing 4 England again. "If I prefer 4 this moment 2 choose young players. But the door is open 4 other players."

England visit Switzerland on Tuesday 4 their 2nd qualifier & captain Gerrard believes a strong start is essential aft a poor WC campaign tat culminated in a 4-1 defeat 2 Germany in the 2nd round.

"The players & the manager realise tat we r under pressure @ the moment, which is normal aft underperforming at the WC,'' Gerrard said. "It'll really help if we put in a good performance 2morrow & get the maximum points. Then we can obviously take the confidence fr tat in2 the Switzerland game on Tuesday.

"It's very important tat we make a statement & show tat we 1 2 win the group & qualify comfortably. We qualified 4 the WC playing good, attacking football. If we k perform @ tat level I'm sure we'll get out of tis group in similar fashion.

"The difficult thing is there's slightly more pressure on us tis time around & we hv 2 cope with tat. We've certainly got the exciting players in the squad 2 get off 2 a good start.''
Old 10-09-2010, 05:32 AM
Samster

Capello set to retire after Euro 2012

England coach Fabio Capello will retire fr football aft Euro 2012 to "enjoy life as a pensioner", the Italian has announced.

Capello's contract ends aft the tournament in 2 years' time, or earlier if England should fail to qualify, by which time he will be 66.

Speculation had been mounting the FA would be forced to end his £6million-a-year deal prematurely after a terrible WC but England's flying start to qualifying for Poland-Ukraine 2012 has made Capello comfortable to confirm he will see out his contract and then call it a day.

England's impressive victories over Bulgaria and Switzerland raised the possibility that Capello could consider another World Cup at the England helm to right some of the wrongs of South Africa.

But asked whether he would be finishing up after Euro 2012, he said: "Absolutely, yes. We have to qualify first of course but after that I will be too old. I want to enjoy my life as a pensioner.''

Capello was happy to discuss Steven Gerrard's performance in midfield, where the injured Frank Lampard's absence has forced a reshuffle that has brought more balance to England's engine room.

Capello said: "For a long time Steven Gerrard played for Liverpool like a second forward. This year he is playing like a midfielder. He has started to play fantastic. He wins back the ball and then makes really important passes.''

Gerrard's contribution to successive Euro 2012 qualifying victories that have yielded seven goals could be bad news for Lampard, even though James Milner is suspended for next month's encounter with Montenegro at Wembley.

Given long-standing reservations about the ability of Gerrard and Lampard to operate side-by-side, Capello cannot accommodate the pair without making a significant tactical change elsewhere, which he is loathe to do.

"I have always said the door is open for all the players,'' stressed Capello. "I have to decide who will come in. After that I will decide who is in the first XI. But these players did very well. They won two games and scored seven goals. Also, they created a lot of chances. This is a nice group.''
Old 11-09-2010, 08:43 AM
Samster

Trio step forward for England job

Harry Redknapp, Sam Allardyce & Steve Bruce hv all declared their interest in the England job following the news tat current manager Fabio Capello intends to stand down in 2012.

Capello's contract ends aft the European Championships in 2 yrs time, or earlier if England shld fail 2 qualify, & the FA hv said they will appoint an English successor to the Italian.

Tottenham boss Redknapp, who guided Spurs to the UCL group stage for the 1st time tis season, has long been linked with the England job & said it would be tough 2 resist should he be approached.

Blackburn Rovers manager Allardyce, who put himself 4ward 4 the England job in 2006 but lost out 2 Steve McClaren, is ready 2 go through the whole process again.

Sunderland manager Steve Bruce has alrdy received the endorsement of Redknapp, & is also amongst the front runners 2 replace Capello.

If Martin O'Neill was an Englishman, I would luv 2 see him take charge of the 3 lions.
Full name is Martin Hugh Michael O'Neill.
DOB 1 March 1952 / Place of birth: Kilrea, Northern Ireland
Old 29-09-2010, 08:35 PM
Samster

Owen still out in the cold

Michael Owen will again be overlooked by Capello even though England will be missing 4 4wards 4 their next European Championship tie against Montenegro.

England r w/o Wayne Rooney, Jermain Defoe, Theo Walcott & Bobby Zamora 4 the game, which takes place on October 12, while Gabriel Agbonlahor has been struggling with calf & groin injuries.

It leaves England with only Darren Bent, Peter Crouch & Carlton Cole as established strikers, yet ESPNsoccernet understands Owen - who has scored 3 goals in his last 2 appearances - will not come under consideration until he establishes himself in the 1st team @ Manchester United.

Newcastle striker Andrew Carroll, who has yet 2 receive a senior call-up, is a candidate 4 the squad but his availability depends on England U21 boss Stuart Pearce.

The U21 side take on Romania in a European Championship play-off over 2 legs &, although the 1st leg at Carrow Road on Friday presents no problems, Pearce will also be keen 2 use Carroll 4 the return, which clashes with the Montenegro game.

ESPNsoccernet can reveal tat Pearce & Capello will hold a meeting on Thurs 2 discuss Carroll as well as Jack Wilshere, who is in outstanding 4 Arsenal.

An England insider said: "The issue is whether Andy Carroll & Jack Wilshere will play a part 4 the England senior team &, if tat is the case, whether they can be released by Stuart Pearce, who will need both of them badly 4 such vital play-offs.

"The U21s play their 1st leg on Friday, when England don't play, so it's possible they could play for the U21s in the 1st leg and then join up with the seniors."
Old 03-10-2010, 05:37 PM
Samster

Heskey rejects chance to end international exile

Fabio Capello has revealed tat Emile Heskey has rejected the chance 2 temporarily end his retirement fr international football & solve an England striker crisis.

Heskey announced his decision 2 quit playing 4 his country in the aftermath of England's disappointing WC campaign. & Capello wanted the Aston Villa player 2 shelve those plans 4 the Euro 2012 qualifier with Montenegro @ Wembley on October 12.

Heskey has been in fine form 4 Villa & is relishing playing under his former Liverpool manager Gerard Houllier. Capello watched him score the winner with a superb header against Wolves @ Molineux last week in what was his 1st Premier League start for 6 months.

But Heskey has informed the England management team he will not be making himself available.

Capello had signalled his intentions regarding Heskey @ a media briefing ahead of Monday's squad announcement. He said: "I saw Heskey against Wolves, he played very well & is in a good moment.

"The new Villa manager (Houllier) knows him very well fr his time @ Liverpool. We will try 2 speak with Heskey. We need him @ this moment. He is in good form. We r talking abt him for the 1 game against Montenegro. We will try 2 speak with him. But he will decide.''

Heskey's contribution 2 England has often been maligned by supporters of the national team, largely because of a goal return of only 7 in 62 internationals.

But the likes of Michael Owen & Wayne Rooney hv often sung his praises & his experience would hv been invaluable with ankle injury victim Rooney a major doubt , Jermain Defoe & Bobby Zamora out with long-term injuries.

It leaves Capello with Peter Crouch & Darren Bent as possible experienced alternatives aft ruling out a recall for Owen. Owen has shown encouraging form 4 Manchester United in his few slices of 1st team action including the Carling Cup tie at Scunthorpe.

But Capello made it clear Owen was not on his radar & tat it is 2 early 4 any potential recall 4 David Beckham aft the LA Galaxy's star return 2 fitness following his torn Achilles.

When asked if Owen was someone he would consider bringing back, the Italian said: "No, he has just played 15 minutes (in the Premier League) & he also played in the Carling Cup. With David Beckham, I am really happy he is fit. Is he in contention? At this moment, no. He has been out for 6 months.''

Capello confirmed Arsenal's Jack Wilshere will be called up although he will play 4 the Under-21s in the 1st leg against Romania next Friday b4 joining up with the senior squad.

But he said he would speak with Under-21 coach Stuart Pearce b4 deciding whether 2 promote Newcastle's Andrew Carroll. Capello said: "Yes, there will be some new faces. (Jack) Wilshere is 1 of these.

"I didn't watch the Champions League game (against Partizan Belgrade) becos I was @ Chelsea but he is a very interesting player. If u play all the games at 1 team like Arsenal, it is really important. He played very well the last game. I spoke with Franco (Baldini) who watched the game.

"He will play the 1st game with the Under-21s. If he is fit, he will play 4 the Under-21s versus Romania. After, he will be with us.

"With Andy Carroll, I heard he has this injury. I hv 2 speak with Stuart Pearce. I met him in manager meetings & he told me there is some problem with tis player. Is it an injury? I don't know. We spoke about Carroll.''

Capello confirmed Liverpool's Joe Cole, overlooked since the WC, would be in his provisional squad 4 the Euro qualifier. He also noted the celebrations of goalkeeper Robert Green, not selected since his World Cup blunder against the USA, aft West Ham's 1st win of the season against Tottenham.

Capello said: "Joe Cole will be in the provisional squad, the 34-35 players. He is 1 of the players I know very well, & he is playing all the games. He has a chance of making the squad. It is possible. I saw the pictures of Robert Green. It was the reaction aft a not good period. I am happy 4 him tat he is back. Will he be back? He is 1 of the 4 keepers in contention.

Capello has also been impressed by the early season form of Ashley Young, in the 2nd striker role 4 Villa, & his club-mate Stewart Downing.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:26 AM
Samster

Davies lands shock England call up, Green returns

Bolton striker Kevin Davies has won his 1st ever international call-up 4 England, with Robert Green returning 2 the fold aft his WC disaster & Jack Wilshere also included for the Euro 2012 qualifier against Montenegro.

Rio Ferdinand has been selected for the first time since a knee injury forced him to miss the World Cup finals, meaning Fabio Capello must decide whether to reinstate the Manchester United defender as captain, or retain Steven Gerrard in the role.

Aston Villa defender Stephen Warnock is included as Arsenal defender Kieran Gibbs, named in Stuart Pearce's Under-21 squad, has been struggling with injury. Gibbs' club team-mate Wilshere, 18, was also named in the Under-21 squad but has been rewarded for starting eight of Arsenal's ten games this season and impressing under Arsene Wenger.

The midfielder became the tenth youngest player to represent England when appearing as a substitute against Hungary at Wembley in August, but was dropped for the opening two games of the qualifying campaign.

Liverpool's Joe Cole has also been rewarded with a re-call, alongside Tottenham's Aaron Lennon and Tom Huddlestone. However, the headline news is undoubtedly the recognition of Davies, who at the age of 33 had previously admitted that he longer viewed an international call-up as a possibility.

"I just have to go along and enjoy the experience of being involved with the international team and if I get the chance to play I will do my best to impress," Davies told Bolton's official website. "It is a really proud moment for me and my family.

"I am sure there will be a few nerves over the next couple of days and it hasn't really sunk in yet, but I am looking forward to this opportunity and I'm going to give it my best shot."

Bolton manager Owen Coyle said: "He has got his rewards for the high level of performances that he has produced, week in, week out. He works exceptionally hard on a day-to-day basis and I am sure he will give Mr Capello absolutely 100%."

With injuries ruling out Bobby Zamora and Jermain Defoe and Emile Heskey refusing an international recall having announced his retirement, Davies will now be in contention with Darren Bent and Peter Crouch for a place in the starting line-up alongside Wayne Rooney when Montenegro come to Wembley on Tuesday, October 12.

England and Montenegro are joint top of Group G after collecting six points from two games; the Three Lions defeated Bulgaria 4-0 and Switzerland 3-1, while their opponents next week beat Wales and Bulgaria by 1-0 margins.

Full England squad to face Montenegro: Foster (Birmingham City), Green (West Ham United), Hart (Manchester City); A Cole (Chelsea), Jagielka (Everton), G Johnson (Liverpool), Ferdinand (Manchester United), Lescott (Manchester City), Terry (Chelsea), Warnock (Aston Villa); Barry (Manchester City), J Cole (Liverpool), Gerrard (Liverpool), Huddlestone (Tottenham Hotspur), A Johnson (Manchester City), Lennon (Tottenham Hotspur), Wilshere (Arsenal), Wright-Phillips (Manchester City), Young (Aston Villa); Bent (Sunderland), Crouch (Tottenham Hotspur), Davies (Bolton Wanderers), Rooney (Manchester United).
Old 10-10-2010, 01:55 PM
Samster

Bent relishing newfound Capello confidence

Darren Bent is confident he can make giant strides on the international stage nw the uncertainty over his place in Fabio Capello's England plans has been brought 2 an end.

Few 3 Lions players r selected quite as inconsistently as Bent has been since he 1st received a call-up fr Sven-Goran Eriksson 4 the stuffing by Denmark in Copenhagen 5 yrs ago.

The 26-year-old's presence in Capello's squad 4 the Euro 2012 qualifier with Montenegro on Tuesday represents only the 3rd time Bent has appeared on 3 successive occasions.

Should he win his 8th cap - & make his 1st competitive start @ Wembley next wk, it would break new ground as Bent would be appearing in back-2-back England matches 4 the 1st time. Considering Bent has scored 78 Premier League goals since tat initial call, it seems a rather difficult statistic 2 understand.

However, aft claiming earlier tis week Bent is "1 of the important players 4 the future'', Capello has put the striker's mind @ ease. And, aft getting his 1st England goal in Switzerland last month, the Sunderland marksman is eager 2 grab a few more.

"It is hard when you r in & out of the squad,'' he said. "4 90% of the players, they know they r going 2 be in it b4 it is announced, so they k prepare. I can't really do 2 much. I hv been in limbo really.''

Capello's previous selections hv given the impression he is not much of a Bent fan. Certainly there has been nothing 2 suggest tis week's enhancement of the Londoner's position was coming, hving dumped the forward fr his provisional World Cup squad aft an ineffective performance against Japan in May. Bent's instant reaction was 2 take himself off 2 USA, where he was spotted @ an NBA game. A rather more measured approach has brought further improvement.

"I've had the best year of my life 2 put myself in tis position & I started well tis season,'' he said. "It does seem tat I need 2 be scoring a lot of goals 2 be selected but I wouldn't hv it any other way. It is nice 2 hv something driving you. If I hv 2 keep scoring goals tat is fine.''

There must also be a certain amount of respect 4 Bent's mental fortitude. He was tipped as an outside bet 2 make Eriksson's squad 4r Germany in 2006. Missing out on that occasion was not too dispiriting given how recently he had broken onto the international scene. 4 yrs on, aft scoring so many goals, his 25 being more than any other English player with the exception of Wayne Rooney, the pain of rejection was far more acute.

"I remember sitting in the dressing room aft I had come off @ half-time against Japan, with the game going on outside, thinking what could I hv done better,'' he said. "Tat game was a bit like a trial. After the squad had been announced, and I wasn't in it, I went back 2 my mum's house & spent alot of time with my family & close friends. There was not much I could do 2 vent my anger & frustration @ not going to the WC. It was a blow but missing out 4 yrs earlier helped me. It hurt like hell but I knew how to deal with it.''

Bent returned with a mental clarity tat is typical of him in times of trouble. A regular goalscorer 4 Ipswich & Charlton, he endured a miserable 2 yrs @ Tottenham, eventually pleading, in a non-too-subtle Twitter message 2 chairman Daniel Levy, 2 be allowed 2 leave 4 Sunderland. To an outsider, it seemed like a backward step. 2 Bent the move 2 Wearside was of the forward variety.

"Harry Redknapp had a way of playing & I didn't fit into those plans. I don't hold tat against him,'' he said. "But I was getting 10 minutes here & there. I thought my game was better than that. Sunderland r a massive club. Steve Bruce gave me the opportunity 2 play every wk & last season I showed I was better than just sitting on the bench. I m playing the best football of my life right now. I am very happy & hopefully I will be there for a while.''
Old 06-11-2010, 09:53 PM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...ngland&cc=4716

Lampard backs uncle Redknapp for England post

Chelsea & England star Frank Lampard has backed his uncle Harry Redknapp 2 be the next England boss.

Tottenham boss Redknapp has often been linked with the job in the past &, with Fabio Capello set 2 relinquish the position aft Euro 2012, Tottenham's European exploits hv again put him in the spotlight.

Lampard, who worked under Redknapp @ West Ham, told the Sun: "Harry's the best choice. 4 me, it's got 2 be him. Obviously, I'd be very proud if he is the next England boss becos of the family connection. If we're looking 4 a home-grown manager next, Harry's definitely the 1. 6 mths ago ppl would hv said Roy Hodgson, he was the fav then but not now.''

Bolton boss Owen Coyle tis week hailed Redknapp as the perfect candidate aft Tottenham's 3-1 win over European champions Inter Milan.

Lampard added: "Look where he's taking Tottenham rite now. Who k argue with tis week's performance against the European champions Inter Milan? And remember wat he did @ Portsmouth & West Ham b4 tat.''
Old 13-11-2010, 08:09 AM
Samster

Capello turns to youth for friendly with France

A set of "Fabio's Fledglings" will be called up 4 England's friendly game against France.

ESPNsoccernet understands tat a group of the country's most promising young talents r already on the FA's "provisional" list, on stand-by as Fabio Capello decides which of his new generation will be called up in the squad.

Newcastle United's Andy Carroll & Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere, who tis season is holding down a regular place under Arsene Wenger, r likely 2 start @ Wembley.

Among a group of youngsters, Capello also has in mind Wolves winger Matt Jarvis, Sunderland's Jordan Henderson & Blackburn's Phil Jones, while Aston Villa's Gabriel Agbonlahor is also in the reckoning if he k prove his fitness in Aston Villa's game on Saturday with Manchester United ahead of the squad announcement.

Agbonlahor will hv good reason 2 celebrate a new contract 2 stay @ Aston Villa until 2015 if he is also called up by England. Actually the longest-serving player @ the Midlands club, the 24-year-old made a successful return in the midweek win over Blackpool 2 put him in line 4 a start against Manchester United tat k catch Capello's eye.

An England source said: "Agbonlahor played only around 25 minutes in the last match so much depends on wat happens @ the weekend ahead of the squad announcement. He certainly has another chance."

England r seriously missing strikers with no Wayne Rooney, Jermain Defoe, Darren Bent or Bobby Zamora available, & Capello is more likely 2 bring in Agbonlahor than retain Bolton's veteran striker Kevin Davies.

My source added: "Kevin Davies was selected by Fabio 4 the specific purpose of being used 4 the long ball, as we thought tat might be necessary in the final stages against a very tough team like Montenegro in a competitive European Championship tie. Now, with this friendly, it makes more sense 2 call upon some of the young hopefuls 2 see how they fare.

"Of course, a lot depends on the condition of the players & when they turn up 4 training, but it is possible tat there will be a few young players in the squad & a couple of the new players could even start the match @ Wembley."

Capello likes a big, strong traditional type of English centre-forward, but he also 1s tis type of player 2 hv pace, which makes Carroll ideal. On Carroll, the source said: "If not now, then when? He is scoring goals, & deserves his big chance."

Chelsea's Daniel Sturridge has been tipped 2 emerge fr the U-21s in2 the senior side but has not had many 1st-team chances tis season 2 prove himself, so his breakthrough with England is likely 2 hv 2 wait.
Old 21-11-2010, 07:55 PM
Samster

Shearer unimpressed by Capello's England

4mer England striker Alan Shearer has questioned the progress of the national team under coach Fabio Capello & claims the highly-paid Italian doesn't even knw his best XI.

Shearer, who made 63 appearances 4 England & captained the nation @ WC1998, insists there is no clear thinking or consistency in team selection.

"Fabio has been here 2 & a half years nw & I'm not sure we've gone 4ward in tat time," Shearer said. "If every England player was fit I'm not sure he would actually know wat system he 1 2 play or wat team he 1 2 play.

"If you look @ b4 we went in2 the WC our qualifying campaign was a huge success but it seems tat we hv gone slightly backwards fr tat.

"I'm not sure wat system we'd play or wat XI we would play if every1 was fit. I don't know if the manager would either."

England's midweek 2-1 defeat by France @ Wembley prompted a huge outcry abt the quality of the national team & Shearer, who reached the SF of Euro 96 under Terry Venables, believes the fans hv 2 be more realistic in their expectation levels.

"The problem lies with the kids coming through. How r they taught? Wat r they taught?" Shearer told BBC Radio 5 Live's Sportsweek programme. "Tat is where you hv 2 start fr & it will take a long time. Unfortunately in tis country we don't hv patience.

"We always put so much pressure on our players tat we go in2 every tournament wanting & expecting 2 win the tournament. Is tat fair? I'm not sure it is."

The former Newcastle United striker also suggested English players r technically inferiority 2 their foreign peers.

"I don't think anyone k argue tat if you put a bunch of players against ours, yes we might hv the fight & we might hv the will, but I think technically it's obvious 4 every1 2 see tat we do lack & stand behind [other teams]," added Shearer.

"Yes, when you look @ a Wayne Rooney or a Steven Gerrard, or look @ a Frank Lampard or a Rio Ferdinand, then yes they would certainly get in2 other teams but, beneath tat, tat's where we hv a problem."

Shearer, however, believes Newcastle's Andy Carroll, who made his England debut against France, is here 2 stay.

He said: "I've been hugely impressed with the way he has been on the football pitch. I know he has had 1 or 2 problems off it but he's young. We hv got to give the guy a chance. On the pitch he has been a huge success.

"He has scored goals, the future is very bright 4 him. He's big, he's strong, he's horrible 2 play against & if he could control his lifestyle he could be a regular 4 a long time."
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1