The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Adult Discussions about SEX

Notices

Adult Discussions about SEX Misc chit chat about sex, whores, girls, love and lust. This section is a ZAP FREE zone.

User Tag List

Old 02-07-2006, 12:40 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 16 / Power: 0
bustymilk deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: All you need to know about "Marriage/Divorce" under the SG Law

Hi,

May I know any bros here know the estimate legal cost for divorce procedure?
Old 03-07-2006, 09:02 AM

Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute

There is no fixed costs in divorce actions. A lawyer can charge a reasonable fee according to the complexities of the case and the professional time spent on it. You may want to ask your lawyer for an estimated amount before engaging him/her. Disbursements, which are the fees paid to file documents in court and other expenses, are usually between S$300.00 to S$500.00 depending on the number, length and type of documents filed.
source from http://otp.servehttp.com/pnotp/index...Q&id_cat=2#q16

All in all.. it should cost you around 2.5k -3.5k for uncontested......could be alot more if contested..

Did you also try to salvage your marriage??? why dont you give it a try.. it is much cheaper...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustymilk
Hi,

May I know any bros here know the estimate legal cost for divorce procedure?

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here
Old 03-07-2006, 10:29 PM
BKK Kaki

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: / Power: 0

Read it somewhere............so copy & paste might interest samsters here.

As a Vietnamese PR in Singapore with contacts in the matchmaking business over in Vietnam, I'll just like to highlights some very "grey areas" and cultural practices which the general public are not aware of:-
1) Strict parents of GOOD Vietnamese village girls will never allow their daughters to be send overseas for matchmaking. The only way you can marry their daughters is to go over to their village and get permission from them. The prospective groom will have to pass a medical checkup and go through their customary marrige ceremony.
2) Vietnamese village girls CANNOT speak mandarin or english. The husbands will have to pay for the tuition fee of their wives after marriage.
3) Good Vietnamese village girls do not have the financial ablity to pay for their passports and airfares to Singapore.
Any smart Singaporean should ask themselves the following questions before they decide to purchase one from the local agency office:
1) Are these really good village girls? Is'nt traditional matchmaking really means asking your prospective wife parent for her hand in marriage? Will a GOOD girl allow you consumate the marriage without you first going through a customary marriage with her?
2) Where do they learn how to speak chinese or english? From working in town and coming into contacts with foreigners? What kind of works were they working in? Proper or not proper?
3) Did she borrow the money to make the her passport and purchase the air ticket? Would you like to marry someone who is in debt?
What you read and know from the newspaper is only the tip of the iceberg! Why 2 vietnamese friends just go missing after several months of marriage and from the same matchmaking agency? Quote from the matchmaker - 'The agency's obligation ends once the man marries the woman he chooses'. Is there some kind of agreement between the brides and matchmker? Is the brides obligation also ends after a certain numbers of months?
Hear it from the horse (vietnamese) mouth! The only way to get a GOOD Vietnamese bride is - go to Vietnam and get one !!! Visit your prospective bride's family and get an insight and understanding of her background and upbringing! Request for a "single status" certificate of your prospective bride from your matchmaker. Never just believe the stories that the matchmaker say, ask for documentary proofs.
Old 05-08-2006, 04:53 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 45 / Power: 0
90mins deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

bro big sexy hope you can advice

My marriage was registered in hong kong about 6 years ago but we are both singaporean.

She is now still working in hong kong and i am back in singapore, can i apply for divorce in singapore?
Old 05-08-2006, 05:01 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 45 / Power: 0
90mins deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

also to ask what are my chances of getting custody my son if i remain in singapore? He is 4 years old now and is born in singapore.

Please advice, thank you.
Old 07-08-2006, 03:27 PM

Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute

yes you can apply it in Singapore..

http://forum.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?t=40761&page=2
check out post 18 and 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90mins
She is now still working in hong kong and i am back in singapore, can i apply for divorce in singapore?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90mins
also to ask what are my chances of getting custody my son if i remain in singapore? He is 4 years old now and is born in singapore.

Old 20-08-2006, 09:03 AM
Samster (M)

My Reputation: Points: 10 / Power: 0
koonsin deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Am I right to say that SGP's Women's Charter only applicable in SGP courts?

If a marraige between two singaporeans is not registered in SGP, and the divorce proceedings is conducted outside SGP, then the Women's Charter cannot come into play - yes?

Thinking of ways to marry sgp girl and steer clear of the Charter should it ever come down to that.. any suggestion much appreciated.
Old 21-08-2006, 09:10 AM

Which part of the "Charter" are you concerned with???

Even if the marriage is register outside sg.. the divorce can still be conducted her in sg.. sg woman nowadays are not dumb... they know how their rights

Quote:
Originally Posted by koonsin

If a marraige between two singaporeans is not registered in SGP, and the divorce proceedings is conducted outside SGP, then the Women's Charter cannot come into play - yes?

Thinking of ways to marry sgp girl and steer clear of the Charter should it ever come down to that.. any suggestion much appreciated.

Old 23-08-2006, 04:25 AM
Samster (M)

My Reputation: Points: 10 / Power: 0
koonsin deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sexy
Which part of the "Charter" are you concerned with???
Maintenance, mainly. And the bias this Charter gives to women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sexy
Even if the marriage is register outside sg.. the divorce can still be conducted her in sg.. sg woman nowadays are not dumb... they know how their rights
Does a marriage registered outside SG give a higher chance of having the divorce proceedings conducted outside SG? If SG wife files in SG and I object, how does the SG court judge decide whether the divorce shld be conducted in SG? Would it be primarily on place and period of residence prior?
Old 27-08-2006, 09:11 AM

if your wife filing of divorce petition with valid supporting documents( e.g adultery, unreasonable conduct, desertion, 3 years' separation with consent or 4 years' separation)...you are in no position to "object" to the divorce...

marriage registered outside sg doesnt necessary give you a higher chance of having the divorce proceedings done outside sg, since both of you are singaporeans.

for the rest of your questions.. it can be found in earlier posts..

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by koonsin
Does a marriage registered outside SG give a higher chance of having the divorce proceedings conducted outside SG? If SG wife files in SG and I object, how does the SG court judge decide whether the divorce shld be conducted in SG? Would it be primarily on place and period of residence prior?

Old 27-08-2006, 10:50 PM
Acerpac

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: / Power: 0

Hi Big Sexy,

Need your advise.
Does it matter who file the divorce?
Old 28-08-2006, 12:00 PM

hmm...we will be more interested to know if the divorce is contested or not... rather than who initiated/ filed it which have little or no effect at all..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acerpac
Hi Big Sexy,

Need your advise.
Does it matter who file the divorce?

Old 16-09-2006, 03:43 PM
Samster

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 5740 / Power: 22
dc7176 has a reputation beyond reputedc7176 has a reputation beyond reputedc7176 has a reputation beyond reputedc7176 has a reputation beyond reputedc7176 has a reputation beyond reputedc7176 has a reputation beyond reputedc7176 has a reputation beyond reputedc7176 has a reputation beyond reputedc7176 has a reputation beyond reputedc7176 has a reputation beyond reputedc7176 has a reputation beyond repute

Advise needed!!

My cousin who is a malaysian! Married a sporean last year. After 6 months she pack up n go back to malaysia as she cant tolerate her husband anymore. The husband had beaten her b4 n had affairs outside before their marriage. While i hav scold her stupid gal, but she still insist to marry him!!

Dun tink she can annul the marriage coz she did hav sex w him after marriage!

The problem is, her green card is expiring soon, while her husband had agree to divorce her, he still hav not send the legal paper to her.

While i understand tat her green card must b extend by her husband, so green card def gone liao. She is not working so she had no income. Is there any legal aid she can turn to?? Where she can send her husband the divorce paper wo waiting for him to do so??

Thx!

Proud Member of SBF Tiko Club

dc's Wellness Spa

Retired from cheonging... Up in mountain!!
Old 16-09-2006, 04:08 PM

i got a PM from another bro (rxxxxr) not too long ago.. similar case... here's my reply to him...

---------------------------------------------
Hi there...

please consider the possibility of a reconciliation between you and your spouse...esp if you have young ones... if really no choice then..

----------------------
http://www.law.com.sg/family.htm

or

Legal Aid Bureau

If you cannot afford a lawyer, you may apply to the government-run Legal Aid Bureau for assistance. The Legal Aid Bureau is situated at :
45 Maxwell Road #08-12
The URA Centre, East Wing
Singapore 069118

Tel: (65) 1800 325 1424 (toll-free)
Fax: (65) 63251402
-------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this will be of some help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc7176
Advise needed!!
Is there any legal aid she can turn to?? Where she can send her husband the divorce paper wo waiting for him to do so??

Thx!

Old 01-10-2006, 10:07 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 87 / Power: 20
plain deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc7176
Advise needed!!

My cousin who is a malaysian! Married a sporean last year. After 6 months she pack up n go back to malaysia as she cant tolerate her husband anymore. The husband had beaten her b4 n had affairs outside before their marriage. While i hav scold her stupid gal, but she still insist to marry him!!

Dun tink she can annul the marriage coz she did hav sex w him after marriage!

The problem is, her green card is expiring soon, while her husband had agree to divorce her, he still hav not send the legal paper to her.

While i understand tat her green card must b extend by her husband, so green card def gone liao. She is not working so she had no income. Is there any legal aid she can turn to?? Where she can send her husband the divorce paper wo waiting for him to do so??

Thx!
she's got her green card, which means ICa already have her documents,
I THINK she can extend her green card by herself, just fill up the docs and
she's good to go. no harm trying

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1