The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Sexual Health Issues

Notices

Sexual Health Issues If you need medical advice regarding your sexual health, ask Dr Tan. We are honored to have an In House Doctor who is here to help.

User Tag List

Old 31-07-2015, 03:52 AM
Cyberspace Nerd

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 455 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2800 / Power: 300
sammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond repute
Male menopause is not just a midlife crisis, say scientists

nzherald.co.nz

Male menopause is not just a midlife crisis, say scientists

By Sarah Knapton

7:00 AM Friday Jul 31, 2015 Men with low testosterone levels are likely to die younger than men whose levels of the hormone are considered normal.

Men with low testosterone levels are likely to die younger than men whose levels of the hormone are considered normal. Photo / Thinkstock
The male menopause is a real phenomenon that should be treated with testosterone replacement therapy, a study has concluded.

Men as well as women suffer a drop in sex hormones as they age, and also suffer from hot flushes, low libido, night sweats, joint pain and low mood, say researchers. Also known as the "andropause", symptoms can include depression, muscle weakness and an increase in body fat.

A study by the Centre for Men's Health in London, which has treated more than 2,000 men with testosterone over the past 26 years, said the majority of men benefited from therapy.

The authors of the study, published in the Journal of the Ageing, estimated that one in five men aged over 50 suffers from testosterone deficiency.

Prof Malcolm Carruthers, the centre's chief medical officer, said: "This study proves [the therapy's] effectiveness?... but most importantly supports the safety of testosterone treatment, even over prolonged periods."

Prof Carruthers has also called for better testing of testosterone, believing that some men would remain within the "normal range" and yet still be personally deficient.

"Contrary to orthodox theory, there is no threshold for testosterone levels. Resistance to the hormone could be caused by age, stress, obesity intake or genetic factors," he added.

A number of studies have linked low testosterone with obesity and diabetes, although scientists say it is too early to tell if hormone therapy could ease these conditions.

Recent research has also suggested that men with low testosterone levels are likely to die younger than men whose levels of the hormone are considered normal.

But some experts remain sceptical. "It doesn't appear to add much to a complex topic that cries out for a large blinded, randomised clinical trial," said Prof Jonathan Seckl from Edinburgh University.

Prof Frederick Wu, from the University of Manchester, added: "In my opinion this publication is not only misleading but potentially dangerous, particularly when the author calls for many more men to be treated, inappropriately, with testosterone."

The term andropause has been considered controversial because there does not seem to be a sudden moment where testosterone levels decline, as is the case for women. Instead, sex hormone levels in men gradually start to decrease from the mid 30s.

Some health experts believe the male menopause is in fact related to stress and anxiety usually triggered by a midlife crisis.

By Sarah Knapton
- Daily Telegraph UK

Copyright ©2015, NZME. Publishing Limited
  3. If you do arrange social meetings through this site, do NOT reveal your primary sammyboy nick.
  4. Whores are for fucking not loving. Just fuck them and be done with it.
Sign up for Premium Membership for great discounts and whole host of other forum benefits. Premium Membership details.

scan this code for SBF updates
Old 31-07-2015, 08:47 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 620 / Power: 11
DoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to all
Re: Male menopause is not just a midlife crisis, say scientists

Low Testosterone is linked to many diseases including obesity, diabetes, prostate cancer, osteoporosis etc

I believe that replacing the Testosterone is good not only for your overall health but also for your mental sharpness.

Personally, I use T replacement also. Practice what I preach.
Old 01-08-2015, 01:29 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1208 / Power: 11
BLACKDEITY has much to be proud ofBLACKDEITY has much to be proud ofBLACKDEITY has much to be proud ofBLACKDEITY has much to be proud ofBLACKDEITY has much to be proud ofBLACKDEITY has much to be proud ofBLACKDEITY has much to be proud ofBLACKDEITY has much to be proud ofBLACKDEITY has much to be proud of

I've heard of men going into depression over this and end up taking their own life.

Pls seek medical help if u belong to these group of men.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:06 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 40 / Power: 0
DoctorVChia deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Testosterone replacement (TRT) is one of the many ways to manage Late-onset hypogonadism in the aging male (LOH).

See definition here http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16042356

An interesting case presented to me with depression and has actually quit his career at a relatively young age of 40. He has not started a family as yet. He was subsequently treated for LOH and returned to work within a couple of months.

Of note, TRT is not suitable for men who wants to have children in the future as TRT shuts down your sperm production. There are other options available.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:25 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 228 / Power: 12
IAmAwesome is a Helpful and Caring SamsterIAmAwesome is a Helpful and Caring SamsterIAmAwesome is a Helpful and Caring Samster

Never ever knew there was actually menopause for men
Old 02-08-2015, 12:20 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 41 / Power: 0
Mutandis deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

I actually know of somebody who took their life cos of depression. He was abt 60. Family in total shock.
Old 02-08-2015, 11:58 AM
Samster

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 358 / Power: 22
lightweaver is a living Saint! - you won't find betterlightweaver is a living Saint! - you won't find betterlightweaver is a living Saint! - you won't find betterlightweaver is a living Saint! - you won't find better

TRT will set you back by ard $200 a mth.

Was wrongly prescribed by a dr and was on it for 2 weeks. Was reading ard and realize the trade offs as shared by bros earlier

Pros
- feel good factor
- feel tat u can conquer the world
- great erection

Cons
- once u r on it, u r on it permanently
- you can stop it and u will feel ur energy crash
- takes a long time for ur balls to switch on to produce your own testerone again

Knowing my low T condition back then was due to work stress, lack of sleep, persistent nightly romps with wifey, took steps to rework my lifestyle

- exercise more
- sleep 7 hrs

Took me like a month for me to regain my daily morning wood.
Old 02-08-2015, 09:40 PM
Samster

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 698 / Power: 16
SH149 is a splendid one to beholdSH149 is a splendid one to beholdSH149 is a splendid one to beholdSH149 is a splendid one to beholdSH149 is a splendid one to beholdSH149 is a splendid one to behold

I think I belong to the group that easily depress when alone . Not because of lonely but since younger days I already behave like that
Old 03-08-2015, 09:36 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 620 / Power: 11
DoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightweaver View Post
TRT will set you back by ard $200 a mth.

Was wrongly prescribed by a dr and was on it for 2 weeks. Was reading ard and realize the trade offs as shared by bros earlier
Yes it does sound like you were wrongly prescribed. TRT should only be given when the body already is naturally no longer producing Testosterone.

If the cause of the low T is reversible (eg obesity, varicocoele etc) these should be addressed first.

The best proven natural way to increase T production is weight loss.
Old 07-08-2015, 05:01 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 11 / Power: 0
IAmReallyNotGay deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH149 View Post
easily depress
That means the male menopause is related to depression bro?
Old 07-08-2015, 05:21 PM

Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute

???? no... if u want to know more abt andropause
go to this sticky and click on question 77
https://sammyboyforum.com/showthread.php?t=152562

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmReallyNotGay View Post
That means the male menopause is related to depression bro?

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here
Old 02-10-2015, 02:39 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 12 / Power: 0
TheBladeRunner deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorTan View Post
If the cause of the low T is reversible (eg obesity, varicocoele etc) these should be addressed first.
Obesity can cause low testosterone also?
Old 02-10-2015, 03:43 PM

Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute

yes, obesity is one of the cause together with liver, kidney illness, HIV among others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBladeRunner View Post
Obesity can cause low testosterone also?

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1