The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > The best of Thailand

Notices

The best of Thailand Serving your Thai Business & Holiday Needs. All Singaporeans in Thailand sign in to show your support and bring your Thai "friends" with you for stuff you can't discuss on Facebook! :)
ประเทศไทยต้อนรับคุณ!

User Tag List

Old 14-02-2024, 01:53 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 71 / Power: 2
RobbyChin deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Singaporeans Visa Exemption for Thailand

Anyone knows if us Singaporeans have a limit on number of times that we can enter Thailand via our current Travel Visa Exemption Scheme (TVES)? I plan to make more frequent long trips for tourism to Thailand but unsure if that is permitted under TVES?

Don’t want the Thai immigration officers to mistake me for those making visa runs. Seems those making visa runs often do so from 3rd party countries whereas I’ll be going back & forth between Singapore & Thailand. Not sure if that makes a difference to the Thai immigration officers though.
Old 14-02-2024, 02:32 PM
Samster

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 744 / Power: 18
ChaYen is a splendid one to beholdChaYen is a splendid one to beholdChaYen is a splendid one to beholdChaYen is a splendid one to beholdChaYen is a splendid one to beholdChaYen is a splendid one to beholdChaYen is a splendid one to behold
Re: Singaporeans Visa Exemption for Thailand

No, you can fly in and out as many times as you want.
Old 14-02-2024, 06:26 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 439 / Power: 12
Citizens is a living Saint! - you won't find betterCitizens is a living Saint! - you won't find betterCitizens is a living Saint! - you won't find betterCitizens is a living Saint! - you won't find betterCitizens is a living Saint! - you won't find better

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyChin View Post
Anyone knows if us Singaporeans have a limit on number of times that we can enter Thailand via our current Travel Visa Exemption Scheme (TVES)? I plan to make more frequent long trips for tourism to Thailand but unsure if that is permitted under TVES?

Don’t want the Thai immigration officers to mistake me for those making visa runs. Seems those making visa runs often do so from 3rd party countries whereas I’ll be going back & forth between Singapore & Thailand. Not sure if that makes a difference to the Thai immigration officers though.
Not only Singaporeans..... afaik all citizens of ASEAN countries are allowed up to 30 dsys visa free travel to each others' countries. If you intend to stay longer than 30 days then you need to apply for a visa. Alternatively, you leave Thailand before the 30 days expire.... and come back again for another 30 days visa free stay.
There is no limit to the number of entries..... but do note if you enter Thailand by land.... you are only allowed 2 entries per calender year. No restrictions if entering by air or sea.

Also note that the total number of days you reside in Thailand must not be more than the number of days you are outside Thailand in a calender year for this visa exemption programme. If you have any kind of visa..... then this condition does not apply anymore.
Old 15-02-2024, 01:23 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1503 / Power: 9
TonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizens View Post
Not only Singaporeans..... afaik all citizens of ASEAN countries are allowed up to 30 dsys visa free travel to each others' countries. If you intend to stay longer than 30 days then you need to apply for a visa. Alternatively, you leave Thailand before the 30 days expire.... and come back again for another 30 days visa free stay.
There is no limit to the number of entries..... but do note if you enter Thailand by land.... you are only allowed 2 entries per calender year. No restrictions if entering by air or sea.

Also note that the total number of days you reside in Thailand must not be more than the number of days you are outside Thailand in a calender year for this visa exemption programme. If you have any kind of visa..... then this condition does not apply anymore.
If I remember correctly max stay in total is 180 days within a calender year.
Old 15-02-2024, 03:10 PM
Samster

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 31 / Power: 0
kookoo88 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Max stay total 180days.
You can in out as many time as you wish.

Same 180days also applies to Indonesia.
Old 15-02-2024, 08:35 PM
Samster

Quoted: 492 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 781 / Power: 15
Ninja_Assassin is a splendid one to beholdNinja_Assassin is a splendid one to beholdNinja_Assassin is a splendid one to beholdNinja_Assassin is a splendid one to beholdNinja_Assassin is a splendid one to beholdNinja_Assassin is a splendid one to beholdNinja_Assassin is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kookoo88 View Post
Max stay total 180days.
You can in out as many time as you wish.

Same 180days also applies to Indonesia.
It applies to all ASEAN countries except Myanmar.
Old 15-02-2024, 11:29 PM
Samster

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 25 / Power: 0
deantan1989 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Let me post you the official answer from the Thai Embassy in Singapore + MFA.

“Not required (for stay not exceeding 30 days for each entry and a cumulative duration of stay not exceeding 90 days within any six months).“

Main Pt: you cannot accumulate >90days stay in TH over rolling 6 month period.

https://www.mfa.gov.sg/Overseas-Miss...20six%20months).

https://singapore.thaiembassy.org/en...f57a70d05b3143

https://image.mfa.go.th/mfa/0/GuK2Xa...April_2023.pdf
Old 16-02-2024, 12:43 PM
Samster

Thks for the info, bros. Seems the AseanNow forum has reports that the Thai immigration computer system will flag foreigners who come close to 90 days in Thailand within 6 months using visa waivers. It is unclear how these rules are applied and if it only applies to certain nationalities who have high percentages of immigration violations. Also, immigration officers may limit foreigners to 6 border crossings by air per year if the foreigners constantly come close to maxing out his 30-day visa waiver quota per visit.

The reasoning behind this is that it is likely that a foreigner is actually working in Thailand using a tourist visa waiver if he is living in Thailand for 90 days per 6 months or 180 day per year.

Perhaps Singaporeans may not have such rules applied to us since we are from a nearby country but not sure.
Old 17-02-2024, 09:47 PM
Samster

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 302 / Power: 14
steve_li is one of the Best!steve_li is one of the Best!steve_li is one of the Best!steve_li is one of the Best!

Whatever that is stated above by all the bros here such as not exceeding 180 days on the visa exempt scheme or If entering by land cannot be more than 2 times a year is true. It is also stated clearly on multiple websites. If you exceed any of those then the immigration officer can choose to reject your entry. It will be solely up to their discretion. There are multiple ways you can try though to increase your chances of getting through.

1. I know of 2 friends that got rejected at the airport. They were requested to book an immediate flight back themselves. Asked the officer nicely if they can pay them for their troubles. One at Suvar and one at dmk. Paid 5000thb to the officer and they were released.

2. If you have a female thai friend/gf/wife. Go and queue at the thai lane with her. Usually they will let you through.

3. Apply for Apec card. Usually dont have a problem and you can stay a longer duration.

4. Dont stay the full length every time.

Now that is the by right method. Of course because this is thailand, there is always a by left method.

To enter more than 2 times a year by land is possible. You just have to go through a agent or visa agency.

1. Engage a agent/visa agency. Take a bus to the cambodian border do the u-turn. (All paperwork will be handled by the people over there). Total damage for this is 2500 for singapore passport per trip. Unlimited times you can do it. For other nationality is abit higher. The whole journey will be at least 10 hours. 4.5 hours up and 4.5 hours down. If the border is not packed, you will be in an out within 45 mins. If it is packed it could take up to 2-3 hours.

2. Another way is to do a u-turn at cambodian border (2500thb) once then following month extend at IT square laksi (1900 thb). But if you are nearing 180 days or alrdy exceed 180 days. I suggest the extension at the IT square laksi you do it with an agent. (4000 - 5000 thb)

3. Engage a agent/visa agency. Take a 3 days 2 nights trip to laos. (8000 - 12000thb). Accomodation, transport and paperwork all taken care of.

All these methods i have either done it before myself or my friends has done it. That time right after covid, i was very poor so i got no money to apply for a proper visa and i dont know whether i want to settle down in thailand or not so I had to resort to budget friendly method like these.

Of course if money is not so much of an issue for you now, i strongly suggest you go for a proper visa.

1. Student visa perhaps. Muay thai or a language school. (1 year). (Starts from 50k) After that you can apply for a multiple entry visa at the airport.

2. Work permit. If you have friend that owns a company. Ask him if he can slot you in or not? 4 thais to 1 foreigner. Expensive and alot of paperwork and hassle. Need to take picture of you in office, picture of you working and sign this and that. Need to go to chaeng wattana a few times also. Do non b then work permit. Whole process you cannot leave the country if not must start again. More importantly, officials might come down for random checks to see if you working or not. There are "special" channels to pay for so they will pre-warn you the day that they are coming down.

3. Another option is the thai elite. I think now is the good time to apply for it because they are going to increase their price soon.

There are definitely other methods to prolong your stay here such as retirement or spouse visa but i dont have first hand experience as well as i dont know anybody personally that has already done it so i dont want to share about that incase wrong info given.
Old 18-02-2024, 08:58 AM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_li View Post
Whatever that is stated above by all the bros here such as not exceeding 180 days on the visa exempt scheme or If entering by land cannot be more than 2 times a year is true. It is also stated clearly on multiple websites. If you exceed any of those then the immigration officer can choose to reject your entry. It will be solely up to their discretion. There are multiple ways you can try though to increase your chances of getting through.

1. I know of 2 friends that got rejected at the airport. They were requested to book an immediate flight back themselves. Asked the officer nicely if they can pay them for their troubles. One at Suvar and one at dmk. Paid 5000thb to the officer and they were released ……
Wow, did your 2 friends exceed their 180 days? I can imagine being rejected at the airport is quite a big incident? Don’t think the immigration officer wants to do so much paperwork unless really no choice.

For me, I won’t be exceeding the 180 days/year but may have frequent 20+ days visits. Just don’t want the Immigration computer system to flag my passport. Maybe I will just take a 2-3 month break from Thailand to ‘refresh’ my profile haha.

The Thai elite visa sounds good but quite expensive. If I really resettle in Thailand then can consider. As for business visa, I agree that it’s difficult. Even legit business visitors from MNCs going for conferences or training often use the tourist visa waiver because a business visa is too difficult to get.
Old 18-02-2024, 01:30 PM
Samster

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 302 / Power: 14
steve_li is one of the Best!steve_li is one of the Best!steve_li is one of the Best!steve_li is one of the Best!

Quote:
Wow, did your 2 friends exceed their 180 days? I can imagine being rejected at the airport is quite a big incident? Don’t think the immigration officer wants to do so much paperwork unless really no choice.

For me, I won’t be exceeding the 180 days/year but may have frequent 20+ days visits. Just don’t want the Immigration computer system to flag my passport. Maybe I will just take a 2-3 month break from Thailand to ‘refresh’ my profile haha.

The Thai elite visa sounds good but quite expensive. If I really resettle in Thailand then can consider. As for business visa, I agree that it’s difficult. Even legit business visitors from MNCs going for conferences or training often use the tourist visa waiver because a business visa is too difficult to get.
Yes. The reason given to them was that they stayed in thailand longer than they stay in singapore. I have exceeded 180 days before without a proper visa as well but thankfully never got stopped by the immigration.

I think for your case it shouldnt be a problem especially if you have proof of accomodation and return ticket since you are not going to exceed the 180 days.
Old 23-02-2024, 10:30 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 729 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1510 / Power: 9
fallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant future

recently
under new thai govt
they start to do more checks on foreigners spending too many days in thailand under visa free arrangement
they scare you work there and never report for tax
Old 24-02-2024, 04:36 AM
Samster

Quoted: 434 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 191 / Power: 2
Neverlookback is a Helpful and Caring SamsterNeverlookback is a Helpful and Caring Samster
Quote:

HUH?????
LAST 20 YEARS NO VISA NEEDED
BOTH ASEAN COUNTRIES MATE!
Old 24-02-2024, 12:21 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 439 / Power: 12
Citizens is a living Saint! - you won't find betterCitizens is a living Saint! - you won't find betterCitizens is a living Saint! - you won't find betterCitizens is a living Saint! - you won't find betterCitizens is a living Saint! - you won't find better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverlookback View Post
HUH?????
LAST 20 YEARS NO VISA NEEDED
BOTH ASEAN COUNTRIES MATE!
No visa needed if staying less than 30 days.... 30 days or more requires visa.

I think in the last 20 yrs you probably never travel longer than 30 days...... 3 day millionaire cheongster?
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1