The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Adult Discussions about SEX

Notices

Adult Discussions about SEX Misc chit chat about sex, whores, girls, love and lust. This section is a ZAP FREE zone.

User Tag List

Old 28-03-2017, 12:40 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 384 / Power: 15
fatalfacts is a living Saint! - you won't find betterfatalfacts is a living Saint! - you won't find betterfatalfacts is a living Saint! - you won't find betterfatalfacts is a living Saint! - you won't find better
Re: Amos Yee flees to US

This boy is smart....he is making use of sympathy to get easy money(Donation)!!

He ever said that he like America and wish to stay there. He did not even want to get a decent job to earn money. His mother is destroying him as well by allowing him to be a legal begger!!

What I see is that when he stay in US, he will write more of Singapore, without fear and act very pitiful by cheating those donars for more money!! He will continue stay jobless as he find that money is so easy. Some idiots are contributing few thousands to him every month.

His mother and those idiots are destroying him!
Old 28-03-2017, 12:48 AM
Samster

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1002 / Power: 23
sadfa has much to be proud ofsadfa has much to be proud ofsadfa has much to be proud ofsadfa has much to be proud ofsadfa has much to be proud ofsadfa has much to be proud ofsadfa has much to be proud ofsadfa has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatalfacts View Post

He ever said that he like America and wish to stay there. He did not even want to get a decent job to earn money. His mother is destroying him as well by allowing him to be a legal begger!!

What I see is that when he stay in US, he will write more of Singapore, without fear and act very pitiful by cheating those donars for more money!! He will continue stay jobless as he find that money is so easy. Some idiots are contributing few thousands to him every month.

Don't need to smear him la

I strongly doubt u care whether he got a decent job or not. If he be a road sweeper, u won't applaud him for getting a decent job but you'll laugh n suan him

Doubt many ppl will be dumb to give him thousands evry month la.

He can blog all he wants.
But his standards is low.
Insights poor.
Comparable to majority here.

There're many refugees tortured n raped by ppl. Theyll get more sympathy n money than Amos. Amos only have to put up with fucked up garbagement n brain washed sporeans like u.

He won't get much money blogging la.
Don't worry or be jealous la
_____
Exchange points jealous ma

Last edited by sadfa; 28-03-2017 at 01:10 AM.
Old 28-03-2017, 12:10 PM
Samster

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 17 / Power: 0
fatigue deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

This part of the forum is "adult discussion about sex", amos is the opposite of sex leh, why is this thread here?
Old 28-03-2017, 12:15 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 52 / Power: 8
glenlivet deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatalfacts View Post

Very well said.

I will not donate 1 cent to him.

If he is my son I will disown him. To me he is spoil brat and hopeless lazy whiners that get the family into unnecessary trouble.
Old 28-03-2017, 12:37 PM
Samster

tvconnect deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenlivet View Post
Very well said.

If he is my son I will disown him. To me he is spoil brat and hopeless lazy whiners that get the family into unnecessary trouble.
What had he done to you?
Old 28-03-2017, 01:04 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 53 / Power: 8
MG25705 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:
Very well said.

Exact right words.
Old 28-03-2017, 02:42 PM
Samster

paperstones deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:
Very well said.

What did he do to you?
Old 28-03-2017, 07:10 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 3868 / Power: 15
Belt has a reputation beyond reputeBelt has a reputation beyond reputeBelt has a reputation beyond reputeBelt has a reputation beyond reputeBelt has a reputation beyond reputeBelt has a reputation beyond reputeBelt has a reputation beyond reputeBelt has a reputation beyond reputeBelt has a reputation beyond reputeBelt has a reputation beyond reputeBelt has a reputation beyond repute

both he and the govment are happy for that results now ...
Old 30-03-2017, 01:11 AM
Samster (M)

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: -7 / Power: 0
kuasimi is under Moderation till he learns how to behave

https://article14blog.wordpress.com/...asty-response/

MHA – Yee shall not write a hasty response

As most of us would have heard by now, Amos Yee has been granted political asylum by the United States. To be honest, I didn’t entirely expect that outcome. He would have had to show political persecution and he is not exactly a Francis Seow or a Tan Wah Piow.

It is true that his initial charges in 2015 arose in the context of a public outcry over the comments that he made about LKY (though he was charged for insulting Christians and for an obscene drawing), and it may be possible to throw some shade on those charges by saying that there could have been a political motivation. However, the 2016 charges are in relation to his videos which are lacking in political content. Prima facie, it appeared to me that his lawyers would have had a hard time establishing that there was political persecution.

But, the American Court has accepted that “….the evidence presented at the hearing demonstrates Singapore’s prosecution of Yee was a pretext to silence his political opinions critical of the Singapore government. His prosecution, detention and general maltreatment at the hands of the Singapore authorities constitute persecution on account of Yee’s political opinions.”

So, good luck to Amos. He probably can’t help but be offensive. Singapore is not the society for him. Just as well that he got political asylum in the USA. I just hope that as he grows older, he also realises that while freedom of speech is important and the state should not excessively regulate speech, individuals must also use that freedom in a responsible fashion.

terrifying_asylum_tour_of_the_past_18
Photo from an Asylum, Spain 1961
I read the judgment of Samuel B. Cole, the Immigration judge in Amos Yee’s case. Amos has had the benefit of a well-organised presentation of background evidence by his Counsel and expert witnesses. I suppose one could say that there was no rebuttal evidence to contradict any of the evidence presented and, in the end, the judge found it easy to arrive at the decision to grant asylum. Really very good work by Amos Yee’s lawyer.

And then, on Saturday evening (25 March 2016), I came across the hastily written statement from MHA. Poor civil servants. They really should not be forced to write up a response on a weekend. Whoever wrote the MHA’s response has adopted such a casual style of writing that it sounds almost like some facebook rant. Ok, fine. Not that bad. But, it is seriously flawed as a response. The last line of the response is the real clincher:

“It is the prerogative of the US to take in such people who engage in hate speech. There are many more such people, around the world, who deliberately engage in hate speech, and who may be prosecuted. Some of them, will no doubt take note of the US approach, and consider applying for asylum in the US.”

It sounds like the way someone might respond in a quarrel with a friend. “Fine. Go ahead. It is up to you. You just wait and see. One day you will get cheated by people like that.” This is supposed to be the Ministry of Home Affairs! I think they would have been better off waiting until Monday to issue a carefully thought out statement.

Essentially, the MHA’s statement refers to Amos Yee’s 2015 offence of hate speech against Christians and 2016 offences of hate speeches against Muslims and Christians. The statement doesn’t refer to the obscenity charge in 2015 (the line drawing simulating LKY and Thatcher in a sexual act). It goes on to state that the US has a different approach to free speech which even includes allowing people to burn Holy Books and that Singapore takes a different approach.

The impression that one would get from this statement if one does not read the judgment is that Amos Yee succeeded in his application because the Americans have a more liberal view of freedom of speech. So, good luck to them.

However, the truth is that the Court would not have granted asylum on the basis of Amos Yee’s conviction for hate speech. For example, if Jason Neo had been charged and convicted for his statements, he would not have gotten political asylum. He would have had to show that he was being politically persecuted.

Quick refresher: In 2011, Jason Neo had posted a picture of a school bus with Malay kindergarten children and captioned it as “Bus filled with young terrorist trainees?” He was a member of YPAP. If he had been charged, it would have been virtually impossible for him to claim political persecution. He would have just been guilty of a criminal offence. The American courts would not view his case as being worthy of political asylum simply on the basis of freedom of speech.

Similarly, in 2008, a Singaporean couple were convicted of sedition for distributing Chick Tracts (“The Little Bride” and “Who is Allah?”). The Chick tracts are some seriously insane stuff with disparaging content. That couple would not be able to establish political persecution and the American Court would not grant political asylum simply on a free speech issue.

My point is that the MHA statement misstates the reason for the Court decision. It could have addressed the real reason adopted by the Court and questioned the basis on which the Court made the conclusion that there was political persecution. I guess the statement was really hastily drafted.

So, what was the rationale of the Court for granting asylum to Amos?

“The harm Yee suffered rises to the level of persecution. Persecution is “punishment or the infliction of harm for political, religious, or other reasons that this country does not recognise as legitimate”.”

In the case of Amos, the court identified it as political persecution.

“Singapore’s persecution of Yee was on account of his political opinions……. Singapore’s stated reason for Yee’s prosecution was for his wounding religious feelings. As explained below, Singapore’s prosecution of Yee for wounding religious feelings was pretextual, as its real purpose was to stifle Yee’s political speech.”

So, the Court thought that charging Amos for hate speech and obscenity was just a pretext.

“…. it is clear that Yee’s prosecutions for wounding religious feelings and obscenity was just a pretext to silence his opinions.”

How did the court arrive at this conclusion? There were 8 factors identified in the judgment:

“First the video “Lee Kuan Yew is Finally Dead”… was scathing in its criticism of not just Yew (LKY) but of the Singapore regime in general.”

“Second, religion was only tangential to the video. The video is almost entirely about Yew (LKY) and Singapore, and its discussions of religion were only used to make a point about Yee’s dismal opinion of Yew.”

“Third, the public response to the video was entirely about its criticism of Yew (LKY), not about its offense to religion. “

“Fourth, the evidence presented showed that Yee’s prison sentence was unusually long and harsh, especially for a young offender.

“Fifth, the terms of Yee’s pre-trial release prohibited him from posting to social media. These restrictions were also highly unusual and restrictive and served the main purpose to silence Yee’s criticism of the government. “

“Sixth, other people who made disparaging comments about religions but who were not similarly critical of the Singapore regime avoided prosecution. These include Calvin Cheng and Jason Neo… Both made comments critical of Islam, equating Muslims with terrorists. Neither was charged.”

“Seventh, regarding the obscenity charge related to the line drawing, many more-explicit pictures are available to the Singapore public and do not result in prosecutions. But this particular drawing had the face of Yew (LKY) superimposed on one of the figures…. This again raises the inference that the prosecution was politically motivated.”

“Eighth…… this is the modus operandi for the Singapore regime – critics of the government are silenced by civil suit for defamation or criminal prosecutions.”

Based on the above factors, the Court drew the conclusion that the prosecution of Amos Yee amounted to political persecution.

“So, though Yee’s prosecutions may have been legal under Singapore law, they clearly served a “nefarious purpose”, namely, to stifle political dissent”

How should MHA have responded to this judgment? Well, they could have simply disputed the finding of political persecution by asserting that the Court heard only suggestions from the Applicant’s witnesses. It was all one-sided and the Court did not get the full picture. The prosecution of Amos is not unique. The SG government has prosecuted numerous other individuals for hate speech. That is simply because those individuals had breached the law of the land. The fact that LKY was referred to by Amos merely triggered responses from the public and police reports were filed. But, in the end, he wasn’t prosecuted for making disparaging remarks about LKY. He was only prosecuted for his remarks about Christ and subsequently about Muslims and Christians.

That would have been a better response. Perhaps, a Monday morning response would have been a better idea?

——————————————————————-

(Looks like the boy referred to himself in the course of his testimony as the “biggest political threat” in Singapore. Was he trolling or was it just a case of a very large ego?)
Old 30-03-2017, 01:13 AM
Samster (M)

https://article14blog.wordpress.com/...us-principles/

AMY CHEONG, FREEDOM OF SPEECH, RACISM, RELIGION, SEDITION, SHIMUN LAI, UNCATEGORIZED

The Amos Yee affair: Partisanship versus Principles

When it comes to free speech, there are those of us that are absolutist (not sure if that is possible), others that believe that only speech that can cause ‘harm’ (which is variously defined) should be restricted and still others that believe that any speech that may offend or be insulting should be banned. There are many arguments advanced in favour of the different positions adopted and to be fair, the spectrum is much wider than just the 3 that I stated above.

The point of this post is not to argue in favour of a particular position. This post is a call for consistency. The latest ‘free speech’ saga to hit our society is the one involving the 16 year old Amos Yee. I have my reservations about what he said and the way he said it. I also have issues with the heavy handed response. More than anything else, I am somewhat alarmed by the readiness of my fellow citizens to file police reports in relation to offensive online statements.

These police reports appear to have a partisan motive. We need to get off our partisan horses and address issues on the basis of principles rather than the particular political (party) position that we come from.

Over the years, there have been several incidents involving individuals making statements that could potentially be seditious under our laws. There has been much attention on how our authorities have appeared to have treated some individuals ‘lightly’ or pursued others vigorously. Amidst the public outcry over the Amos Yee video and the corresponding outcry over the excessive response to the video, there is something that I couldn’t help but notice. Whether you supported Amos Yee or were against him appeared to depend partly on whether you were pro-PAP or anti-PAP. (I emphasize on ‘partly’.)

Clearly the lynch mob that has been calling for Amos Yee to be hit hard under the law is not of the same composition as the ones that called for Jason Neo (YPAP member) to be charged in 2011. Jason Neo had posted a picture of a bus carrying Malay kindergarten children and captioned it as “bus filled with young terrorist trainees?” Police reports were filed. There was much disquiet online over that caption. Apologies were made by a couple of MPs in relation to that incident. Given the fact that Jason Neo was a YPAP member, there was little doubt that those that were calling for his conviction were primarily anti-PAP. Were there Muslims that felt offended? Understandably, there were. There were also many others that chose to brush it aside. I know of this from among my own circle of friends.

The Amos Yee video is allegedly insulting towards the Christian faith. However, it does appear that the lynch mob that has turned against Amos Yee has done so because his video was maligning LKY rather than because of the reference to Christ. This fact is plainly obvious from the numerous facebook comments that flooded in when Amos Yee’s video came out. One of those that filed a police report against Amos was a lawyer by the name of Chia Boon Teck. It may appear that Mr Chia was quite offended by the remarks made against the late LKY. In a letter to the Straits Times appearing on 27 March 2015 (a day before we found out about the police reports ), Mr Chia had written as follows:

“ I have heard many disrespectful jokes and opinions regarding Mr Lee Kuan Yew over the past few weeks.

With his death, let all Singaporeans stop tolerating such disrespectful comments made against Mr Lee and take the individuals who make them to task, by raising the issue with the relevant authorities or the individuals’ respective professional or governing bodies.

There is a limit to freedom of expression. “

There were many netizens that got quite riled up about the eventual arrest of Amos Yee and they started raising older cases involving allegations of sedition.

Naturally, questions were asked about Jason Neo’s posting. Some brought this up, obviously, by way of contrast to highlight the difference in treatment. The stark difference being that Jason Neo was a YPAP member and Amos Yee criticized the person that is virtually godlike in PAP mythology.

amos yee article The case of the Filipino nurse, Edz Ello, who made disparaging comments about Singaporeans was also brought up. That issue started in December 2014 and was quite hot in January this year eventually resulting in his firing on 9 Jan 2015. Police investigations were still ongoing. The swift arrest of Amos Yee resulted in netizens questioning the police about the Edz Ello case (with the police responding on 1st April that he was still under investigation ) and the latter was eventually charged on 7 April 2015.

Many netizens also highlighted the Amy Cheong case (in 2012) where she made comments about music from a Malay wedding at the void deck. There was swift reaction from NTUC on that occasion in dismissing her (in relation to which I have some concerns about due process and I blogged about it here). However, many anti-establishment persons view the authorities as having acted in a lax fashion in allowing her to leave the jurisdiction without getting charged. Eventually in March 2013, the police issued a stern warning against her.

I’ve used these examples as a sampling of the kind of ‘debate’ that is going on online. It’s a plainly (and often painfully) partisan debate. A person could be a ‘free speech proponent’ one moment when protecting or defending Amos Yee and could be part of the lynch mob braying for blood the next moment when the individual involved is somewhat identified with the ‘establishment’. In the case of Edz Ello, the identification with the establishment has arisen as a result of his Filipino nationality. Part of the anti-establishment rhetoric in Singapore coalesces with the anti-foreigner sentiment. In the case of Amy Cheong, her employment at NTUC and her foreigner status are factors that helped to place her in the ‘establishment’ camp.

At this point, I have to state that many genuine free speech proponents have been consistent over the years and I don’t see them insisting that any of these individuals should have been charged as criminals. There is, in fact, a concern that the law is being used inconsistently with a possible partisan approach. Certainly the swift approach in Amos Yee’s case stands as a contrast to the Jason Neo incident. (Edz Ello and Amy Cheong should be seen as mere distractions as the ‘establishment identification’ is somewhat tenuous.)
Old 30-03-2017, 01:14 AM
Samster (M)

https://article14blog.wordpress.com/...us-principles/

The concern that I have is not so much about the staunch free speech advocates nor even those that have consistently advocated in favour of tough speech laws on a purely principled basis. That is a different debate and one that is worth having and that is capable of being rationally engaged in.

The concern I have is with the pro-establishment or anti-establishment motivation behind some of the arguments thrown around either in support of Amos Yee or against him. After the death of Lee Kuan Yew, there appears to be a mushrooming of mini-LKYs asserting a return to the knuckle-duster days. (I’m not sure if those days ever ended. 🙂 ) . Clearly, these PAP sympathizers can be seen to lambast Amos Yee whilst finding justifications for the lax treatment of Jason Neo. On the other hand, there are those that are advocating for the release of Amos Yee whilst at the same time advocating that someone like Jason Neo ought to be brought to task or rejoicing that Edz Ello has now been charged.

I do not wish to engage in a naming and shaming exercise by stating who these individuals are. I hope that they recognize their own inconsistency. If you want to assert that the speech-based offences should not be formulated in the way that they have been in Singapore, then a consistent position to be adopted would be to assert that Amos Yee, Edz Ello, James Neo and Amy Cheong should not be charged. If you want to assert that such offences as currently formulated are necessary for the maintenance of order in this society, then you should be a staunch advocate for the equally expeditious prosecution of these parade of characters that we saw earlier. (If you want to be really principled about it, there are plenty of examples online, almost on a daily basis, of objectionable and legally actionable comments that I can direct you to and you will find yourself in police report heaven.)

Let’s get real about this. The only reason for inconsistent positioning with regard to the different incidents is our own party-political standpoint. ‘Find excuses if he is our guy but whack him senseless if he is from the other camp.’ – This seems to be the prevailing attitude. This has led to the madness of filing police reports. I would prefer that the limited resources of the police force be channeled towards real and substantial crime-fighting instead of citizens distracting the police by piling up the police reports because they feel offended by online rants/posts.

Can we all just come to our senses and stop this nonsense at once? Can we not have a serious and rational debate instead of being partial about it or running off to the police for protection because we are not thick skinned enough? This should not be about ‘us’ versus ‘them’. If today we want to whack one of ‘their’ chaps under the law, then we must be prepared tomorrow for one of ‘our’ chaps to be whacked under that same law. Consider the merits of the law and not who should get whacked.

Oh yes, whilst we are at it, can we not grow a thicker hide as a people and not get worked up by the rubbish spouted by others? Back in 2012, when Shimun Lai made a racist remark about Indians, there was some furore on the net and I blogged about the need for levelheadedness in responding to such comments.

We can’t afford to stress ourselves over the comments that others make. It is psychologically unhealthy and counterproductive. We also need to formulate a strategy of response within ourselves in relation to youthful ranting. Confront stupidity and anger with logic and compassion. Police reports, handcuffs, shackles and prison time do not make us a better society. Reason and compassion certainly will.

==================================================

(I have chosen not enter into a discussion of the merits of the Amos Yee case itself. He has been charged (i) for distributing obscene content online under s.292(1)(a) of the Penal Code, (ii) for uttering words intended to wound religious feelings of other persons under s.298 of the Penal Code and (iii) making abusive communication that is heard by a person likely to be distressed/alarmed/harassed under s.4(1)(b) of the Protection from Harassment Act. The last piece of legislation is relatively new and it was passed in November 2014. If you are keen on reading academic articles on the Protection from Harassment Act and do not have access to academic legal journals, proceed to the Singapore Law Blog at this link. They have extracted 3 useful articles for the benefit of the public.)

(Note on the photograph: I have included an image of Kumar, the local comedian/comedienne together with Amos Yeo, Edz Ello, Amy Cheong, Jason Neo and Shimun Lai for a reason. For those of us that have difficultly dealing with racist comments, it would be healthy to go for a few of Kumar’s shows. Kumar makes some jokes that will normally rile up the online lynch mob and he does it with finesse. We, as a nation, will benefit from some ‘Kumar therapy’. 🙂

(P.S. Kumar – If you are reading this, you owe me a favour for this free advertisement. :-p )
Old 30-03-2017, 01:16 AM
Samster (M)

https://international.thenewslens.com/article/64728

Singapore Establishment Licks its Wounds after US Court says Amos Yee Persecuted for Political Views

Why you need to know

‘Allowing immunity for hate speech only encourages the undermining of values in a functional democracy,’ said the head of the Law Society of Singapore.

It seemed as if Amos Yee’s trials were finally over when an immigration court judge granted him asylum on March 24, ruling that his treatment in his home country of Singapore had amounted to political persecution.

But supporters who expected his release in the weekend were stunned to find that Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), despite Judge Samuel Cole stating that he was eligible for release, were still keeping the 18-year-old in detention. The News Lens understands that the Department of Homeland Security will appeal the court decision.

“Sadly, it appears Amos has become a hostage to the climate of fear generated by Donald Trump's abusive policies towards refugees and migrants, and the knee-jerk tightening of practices at U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement in response to the new President's executive orders,” said Phil Robertson, Deputy Asia Director of Human Rights Watch.
Read more:
Singapore Persecuted Blogger Amos Yee for Political Opinion - US Judge
INTERVIEW: Meet the New Amos Yee

Yee first gained notoriety in 2015 after releasing a YouTube video shortly after the death of Singapore’s first Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew. He cheered the elder statesman’s death in the profanity-strewn rant, criticizing both Lee and Christianity alike. He also shared a stick figure drawing on his blog of Lee and Margaret Thatcher engaging in intercourse. For this, he was charged and convicted for wounding religious feelings and distributing an obscene image, resulting in a backdated sentence of four weeks’ imprisonment.

His next run-in with the law came in 2016, when he was again charged and convicted for wounding religious feelings for social media posts on Islam and Christianity. He was sentenced to six weeks’ imprisonment and fined S$2,000 (US$1,379) for failing to turn up for police questioning.

The teenager travelled to Chicago in December last year, where he was detained by the authorities after they discovered his plan to seek asylum. The time he’s spent in detention in the US has already outstripped his time behind bars in Singapore for both his convictions.

“The evidence presented at the hearing demonstrates Singapore’s prosecution of Yee was a pretext to silence his political opinions critical of the Singapore government,” wrote immigration judge Samuel B. Cole in his decision, citing reasons such as double standards – where others who did not criticize the government were not prosecuted even when they made disparaging comments about religions – and the way the public response to Yee’s video focused largely on his political comments.

The court decision changes Yee’s status from asylum seeker to refugee, making him eligible for release from Dodge County Detention Centre in Wisconsin.

"U.S. immigration's continued detention of Amos Yee is both cruel and unnecessary, and appears to be completely arbitrary because US government lawyers did not raise any national security or other such overriding concerns that would justify holding Amos after he received political asylum,” said Robertson.

The U.S. court’s decision has not been well-received by the Singapore establishment. The Ministry of Home Affairs fired the first salvo over the weekend, framing the issue as a difference in opinion on the limits of free speech.

“The U.S. adopts a different standard, and allows such hate speech under the rubric of freedom of speech,” read their statement. “Singapore takes a very different approach. Anyone who engages in hate speech or attempts to burn the Quran, Bible, or any religious text in Singapore, will be arrested and charged.”

The Law Society of Singapore also criticised the ruling, stating that Yee was convicted and sentenced by “competent courts in Singapore for criminal offences”.

“Allowing immunity for hate speech only encourages the undermining of values in a functional democracy,” President Gregory Vijayendran wrote in a statement.

The Association of Criminal Lawyers Singapore was even more vitriolic in their response, with President Sunil Sudheesan writing that they were “outraged” by the assertion that Yee had been politically persecuted.

“Singaporeans jealously guard the multiracial, multicultural and multi-religious harmony that we have. When antisocial miscreants share their views with a view to incite hate, we fully back the efforts of the Attorney-General's Chambers to prosecute and hopefully rehabilitate such individuals,” he wrote.

He added: “If America wants this misguided recalcitrant, it can have him.”

The News Lens has reached out to Yee’s lawyers, as well as the U.S. authorities.
Editor: Edward White
Old 30-03-2017, 01:19 AM
Samster (M)

https://www.facebook.com/TAVSingapor...type=3&theater

Incendiary speech is no different from hate speech, even if couched in the form of a "joke".

If as the MHA says, S'pore will arrest and charge anyone who engages in that form of speech, why did former YPAP member Jason Neo get off with just a handshake? — with Justin Wee.
Old 30-03-2017, 09:33 AM
Samster

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 3872 / Power: 13
skyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond repute

Amos Yee remains detained in the US despite being granted asylum

Published: 12:22 AM, March 30, 2017

Updated: 12:50 AM, March 30, 2017

SINGAPORE — Singaporean teen blogger Amos Yee remains detained in the United States despite being granted asylum last Friday, the law firm representing him said.

Amos, 18, has been detained in the US since Dec 16 last year.

In a media update on Wednesday (March 29), Grossman Law LLC said they were informed by officers at the Chicago Field Office of the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) that Amos will remain in detention “on a potential, but not yet filed, appeal” by the US Department of Homeland Security.

Protesting that the appeal is “immaterial”, the law firm said: “Yee should have been released immediately after he was granted asylum”.

Last Friday, a US immigration judge in Chicago granted Amos asylum, saying he was persecuted for his political opinions in Singapore.

According to a 13-page opinion by US immigration judge Samuel Cole, Amos, who had been jailed twice in Singapore, qualifies as a political refugee.

continue reading here : http://m.todayonline.com/singapore/a...granted-asylum

Ignore list :

rocket_boy is a COWARD

rocket_boy is now Zapzaplah aka zaplamparlarzap

warboi

Craz78

Blacklist bros who I up but never return

Evetan86
sbftiankon
Wally888
Old 30-03-2017, 03:00 PM
Samster

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2137 / Power: 15
Koei has a reputation beyond reputeKoei has a reputation beyond reputeKoei has a reputation beyond reputeKoei has a reputation beyond reputeKoei has a reputation beyond reputeKoei has a reputation beyond reputeKoei has a reputation beyond reputeKoei has a reputation beyond reputeKoei has a reputation beyond reputeKoei has a reputation beyond reputeKoei has a reputation beyond repute

This young boy needs to grow up, perhaps the Land of the Freed will teach him that...

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1