The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > The best of Thailand

Notices

The best of Thailand Serving your Thai Business & Holiday Needs. All Singaporeans in Thailand sign in to show your support and bring your Thai "friends" with you for stuff you can't discuss on Facebook! :)
ประเทศไทยต้อนรับคุณ!

User Tag List

Old 05-10-2016, 04:53 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 89 / Power: 17
jwbparty deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Re-location advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by naemlo View Post
Stay in SG, earn SGD then come Thailand n enjoy.
Agree. SGP is just right next door to TL at only about 2.5 hours flight away. Wish it was that short of a flight for me.
Old 05-10-2016, 12:11 PM
Samster

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 424 / Power: 20
smile_santa is a living Saint! - you won't find bettersmile_santa is a living Saint! - you won't find bettersmile_santa is a living Saint! - you won't find bettersmile_santa is a living Saint! - you won't find bettersmile_santa is a living Saint! - you won't find better

Thank you all bros for your kind advice. I guess you guys are right. I had this rash decision because of some events I experienced here recently that made me feel jaded and unhappy and thought of wanting to start afresh somewhere else.

Well, looks like I'm gonna have to stay here in sg afterall.
Old 05-10-2016, 12:52 PM
Samster

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 8958 / Power: 23
naemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyCheong2 View Post

Work in Thailand be prepared for delays in all matters.
Usual reply will be, "Jai yen yen na".
Their attitude is simple.... rest 1st, rush n finally miss dateline. SG style is rush, finish then rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile_santa View Post
TI had this rash decision because of some events I experienced here recently that made me feel jaded and unhappy and thought of wanting to start afresh somewhere else.
Everyone faces problems... If life is a bed of roses then what is the meaning of life?? Eat, drink, sex n sleep???
Old 05-10-2016, 01:36 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 27 / Power: 0
BKBkk deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Before getting a thai spouse, think over it as many times as possible.
"Love me love my family and my pets too and i dont care about your family."
In any disputes, Thai only help Thai...remember this bro. even if you are RIGHT.

Bangkok will be under water in another 25 to 30 years...choose other places instead. Loei is the coolest province in Thailand with nice views too.

many times we see for thailand is only from a tourists view but as a resident, is totally different.

Why work in thai when you suppose to be more capable then the thais?
Old 05-10-2016, 01:40 PM
Samster

Quote:
Thank you all bros for your kind advice. I guess you guys are right. I had this rash decision because of some events I experienced here recently that made me feel jaded and unhappy and thought of wanting to start afresh somewhere else.

Then what if you in Thailand and not happy again and then need to find a new place to start afresh "again" ? Wah..like this will be so busy..
Dont forget, the land of smile is also a place where many people starts their nightmare and end with sad love stories...
Old 05-10-2016, 02:02 PM
Samster

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 991 / Power: 22
norice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: Re-location advice

BkBkk,

I'm impress with your intelligence!

BOYCOTT Arab owned bars in Soi Cowboy!
Old 05-10-2016, 03:20 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1503 / Power: 9
TonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbparty View Post
Agree. SGP is just right next door to TL at only about 2.5 hours flight away. Wish it was that short of a flight for me.
Jakarta even nearer. 2 hours flight.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by naemlo View Post
Everyone faces problems... If life is a bed of roses then what is the meaning of life?? Eat, drink, sex n sleep???
Everyone will suffer some setbacks at some points in our life.
Think positively (看开一点) and channel your energy while still young in making more money and manage your finances well so can retire earlier or provide your family a better lifestyle.
When your bank account have ample reserves liao you can retire anywhere you fancy.
Old 05-10-2016, 06:25 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by norice View Post
BkBkk,

I'm impress with your intelligence!
555 is that a laugh at me for my ignorance?
I might be wrong. if so, please correct me sir.
Old 24-10-2016, 09:51 PM
Samster (PremiumD)

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2719 / Power: 28
merelyevil has a reputation beyond reputemerelyevil has a reputation beyond reputemerelyevil has a reputation beyond reputemerelyevil has a reputation beyond reputemerelyevil has a reputation beyond reputemerelyevil has a reputation beyond reputemerelyevil has a reputation beyond reputemerelyevil has a reputation beyond reputemerelyevil has a reputation beyond reputemerelyevil has a reputation beyond reputemerelyevil has a reputation beyond repute

A thread with good information though in the wrong sub-forum I guess?

Would need some advice looking at the long term. Before I were to move over in a few years time, I will be probably earning enough to a certain extent... If I hold an engineering Ph.D degree from a reputable university, what sort of job can I land myself in over there (I've done a great deal of searches but nothing beats people who stay there to share their experience)? I mean do the engineering firms there require me to speak fluent thai? I recognized the need to have passive income here in Singapore based on the replies...

I have tried to look for university teaching positions but the professors are earning way too low there...

Short advice will be appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance. Cheers
Old 24-10-2016, 10:14 PM
Samster

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 57 / Power: 11
Ray84 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

How about those who stayed permanently at bkk or cm? Can share what are the steps/planning required to stay comfortably?

Passive income- rentals from hdb? divids from stocks?
Old 24-10-2016, 11:51 PM
Samster

smile_santa is a living Saint! - you won't find bettersmile_santa is a living Saint! - you won't find bettersmile_santa is a living Saint! - you won't find bettersmile_santa is a living Saint! - you won't find bettersmile_santa is a living Saint! - you won't find better

Wah my threat suddenly alive again.

Anyway, it doesnt matter if you have PhD or not over there (not being sarcastic or rude, just stating an opinion) because you can never match what you are earning in SG.

I think first you have to ask yourself what kind of lifestyle you seek after relocating and re-align your expectations. One of the bros here mentioned to me theres also a lot of jobs that are strictly open for locals only, and furthermore, you only get an expat pay package if you work for an MNC there.

When I posted this question, I was expecting a quiet lifestyle away from all the partying that brings us to LOS in the first place. But some of the bros advice here made me realize if thats the case then Chiang Mai would make more sense; it being more laid-back and cheaper. But if you are there for the partying then I think every month will set you back about 3-4k as advised here. I calculated spending 1k for my last 8-days trip in BKK so i guess thats pretty accurate.

Right now the in-demand jobs in Thailand are english language teachers but they are still stuck in the pre-colonial syndrome and are only looking to hire native farangs from UK, NZ, US and AUS. Even then, the best paying one i found was 60k baht a month... the rest are averaging half of that. So unless you are some business man, doing some shady stuff or Money-Game pyramid head, its unlikely we are able to live this way.

As for passive income, I guess one easy way will be to rent out your home in Sg to collect rent every month. The others like investments, shares, savings are pretty standard.
Old 25-10-2016, 12:40 AM
Samster

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 991 / Power: 22
norice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to behold

Greetings,

Moving to Thailand:-)

Pro:
Many foreigners want to live in Thailand because of easy life, accessible of females for sex and companionship, resonable cost of living and comparable infrastructure to their home country!

Con:
Very difficult to get a decent paying jobs for foreigners, there are approximately 42 prohibited jobs for foreigners, in general, typical salaries paid by Thai companies are low, if you want decent paying jobs, you must work for international companies or international schools and as a foreigners you have no rights in Thailand!

Monthly Budget: (only for Bangkok)
If you want to live comfortably, lease decent housing, salaries for girlfriend/wife and have enough funds for food, entertaintment and medical/dental care. Also, It all depends on your lifestyle, but, you need approximately 2,000 to 3,000 US Dollars per month! The bottom line is it all depends on your lifestyle!

Also, you should have at least $50,000.00 in the bank for emergency! (More the better)

BOYCOTT Arab owned bars in Soi Cowboy!
Old 25-10-2016, 01:14 AM
Samster (B)

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 96 / Power: 0
greatdane88 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Very good thread.

I am thinking of China or bangkok, no intention of staying in Singapore in the long term.

Looking at doing Airbnb as a passive income over there as i have 2 condo there, one fully paid.

I am 35. Looking at another 5 years before i really make my mind in going over. Just wondering
how much SGD are you guys looking at to have a life expectancy of 30 years ahead.
I won't be partying so much, more of living there to retire.
As for a spouse, i will just have a NSA engagement or have a sugarbabe.
Old 25-10-2016, 01:32 AM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdane88 View Post
Very good thread.

I am thinking of China or bangkok, no intention of staying in Singapore in the long term.

Looking at doing Airbnb as a passive income over there as i have 2 condo there, one fully paid.

I am 35. Looking at another 5 years before i really make my mind in going over. Just wondering
how much SGD are you guys looking at to have a life expectancy of 30 years ahead.
I won't be partying so much, more of living there to retire.
As for a spouse, i will just have a NSA engagement or have a sugarbabe.
Hi Greatdane,
Seems like you are doing very well on a personal level since you already own property abroad. I too have no desire to stay in SG long term but I haven't anything to my name at this moment. Still looking for my lucky break? 555+

As for location, I haven't been to China so I cant suggest either way but I have heard enough horror stories about China to avoid that place like a plague. But of course reality is often different from hearsay.

I think for myself im looking at 2k SGD a month (if im staying in Thailand) so multiply that by 30 years that will work out to be 720k. Of course, Its best if I have passive income to factor in. Even if I have passive of 1k per month, that will reduce the amount significantly to 360k, much more achievable.

Havent thought about marriage though but since Im not fond of kids there really isnt a rush for me.
Old 25-10-2016, 02:09 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1503 / Power: 9
TonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant future

Quote:
As for location, I haven't been to China so I cant suggest either way but I have heard enough horror stories about China to avoid that place like a plague. But of course reality is often different from hearsay.
What is so scary about China?
China is my second home leh.

If you can survive China, you can survive anywhere on this planet.
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1