The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Coffee Shop Talk of a non sexual Nature

Notices

Coffee Shop Talk of a non sexual Nature Visit Sam's Alfresco Heaven. Singapore's best Alfresco Coffee Experience! If you're up to your ears with all this Sex Talk and would like to take a break from it all to discuss other interesting aspects of life in Singapore,  pop over and join in the fun.

User Tag List

Old 04-08-2016, 10:40 AM
Sam's RSS Feed Bot - I'm not Human. Don't talk to me.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 10000241 / Power: 3356
Sammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Chitchat Another Loser Sinkie - CMI in Both Singapore & Australia!

An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

transitioning.org
Nursing PMET struggling with unemployment after unsuccessful stint in Australia | Support Site for The Unemployed & Underemployed

First of all, thanks for allowing us to interview you online Betty and can you provide us with some background information about yourself?

I graduated form NYP in 2005. Worked 2.5 years in Singapore before working in Australia Sydney as a nurse. I think you can tell from my CV the various jobs I have done.

What was your last occupation and you have told me that you were unemployed for a few months, can you tell us more about this and also your job search experience?

I have attended interviews for a few positions – one interview was in a child care setting with 2 centers. Both declined to give me a sponsored position to work and study for the course.

You have told me that you are currently jobless for more than six months, what did you do in order to survive? Did you also approach the CDC for assistance?

I don’t have a house, car repayment or dependents to worry about. My only bills are my phone bills. I’m living off my savings currently for the past 5 months. I was unemployed from March till July. I have never approached any body for help during my joblessness and have always been living off my savings.

Did you attend any interviews during the past few months and why do you think you are unsuccessful so far?

I think I was unsuccessful because of my past . I have had many job changes some of it were permanent positions. I cannot answer favourably to make the interviewer want to hire me. I also have some bad experience with the nursing industry that made me not very confident during interviews. That could be the reason.

Tell us a bit more about what you have learnt from your jobless experience and how it has impacted your family.

You know who your friends are during this period. And most people will view us unfavourably and I find that they are very superficial. Losing your work can be because you have had bad luck or you are ill suited for the work. It doesn’t mean the person is not worthy, it’s just because certain conditions doesn’t allow them to continue working.

In the past my parents might think that I was lazy and didn’t want to work. It has created many arguments and conflicts between my father and myself. Now I think they are more understanding.

I learned to be more thrifty and not spend too much money. I also learned to donate money to the less privileged as unemployment has made me more aware of those who are needy. My parents are financially independent and do not require me to support them.

What do you think you could have done to shorten the unemployment period?

Ask for help. My mother advised me to look for you and I did . I went for more interviews and hopefully I can see the rainbow soon.

Pray to whatever religion you have faith in.

Have a pause and reflect why you are meeting with a block in your employment and see if those conditions can be changed. If you face a block then you must find another way.

Be realistic about your abilities and strengths, hopefully someone who knows you well will advise you on other career options you can make.

Learn another trade, talk to E2I? I haven’t been to e2i but it seems they exist to help Singaporeans secure job. As to its effectiveness I cannot ascertain it could be just an empty shell to make it look like they are doing something to assist us .

Do you think that Singapore is now a more difficult place to make a living?

Wages are too low. Many foreigners are fighting for the same jobs.

What do you think the government can do to alleviate the current employment situation?

I have approached MOM before to help me get a job in the healthcare sector and maybe I’m blacklisted? I have no idea. I receive no help.

Many people have blame foreigners for competing jobs with us, what is your view on this?

My view is the government has all the power and we are just going to find other ways and means to survive. They will not be sympathetic . They will not switch their views or admit that they have made mistakes in their policies.

Lastly, what’s your advice for those who are still jobless and feeling down?

Go out and do more volunteer work, do what you can to help others. It will make you feel your life has meaning even if it doesn’t come in the form of dollars and cents.

Tell yourself that you want a job because you want to be able in a position to give to others. It’s better to give than to receive.

** not sure I’m qualified to give advice, my own life’s a mess **

End of interview

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com.
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1