View Single Post
Old 04-01-2017, 06:54 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1405 / Power: 16
hawkeye007 has much to be proud ofhawkeye007 has much to be proud ofhawkeye007 has much to be proud ofhawkeye007 has much to be proud ofhawkeye007 has much to be proud ofhawkeye007 has much to be proud ofhawkeye007 has much to be proud ofhawkeye007 has much to be proud ofhawkeye007 has much to be proud ofhawkeye007 has much to be proud of
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nono1973 View Post
Beside the 2.75 juta (for a better room according to that piece of paper),i think my friend has to set aside an add-on budget of around S$50 more in case he exceed his free electricity usage. And I suppose that budget will need to double up if air-con is turned on 24 hours thru out the day,hehehe...

Interesting...
The rooms sizes are the same, but the 2.75jt room faces Lai Lai Hotel/RM Ibu Joko and thus have better ventilation and natural daylight. The 2.45jt room faces the other side and the window is literally just 1-2 metres away from the wall of the next building (back of Batam Star Hotel), which equates to bad ventilation and zero natural daylight. In my opinion, the 300k extra is a must-spend, otherwise the room will probably feel like a prison.

What you don't see in this paper is that they also have a "junior suite" kind of room available for rental, but very limited units; only 1 unit per floor. It comes with a kitchenette, living area and sleeping area. It was 5plus juta several years ago and I suppose the rental now should be about 6juta now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nono1973 View Post
Any chance of subscribing another ISP in this case? A separate one and not using whats given by the "landlord",hehehe...I ask becos one day if I am going to rent a room,one of the few things I will need to have is surveillance cameras all over the place and some security gadget linked to the network. I still preferred running internet on LAN.

Hmm...I guess that would also means YET another around S$50 per month budget then.
Hmm, I never tried subscribing another ISP but I suspect it's probably not possible. I suppose you can try asking.

I don't think unlimited usage from Lai Lai cost S$50; about 300k if I'm not wrong?