View Single Post
Old 04-01-2017, 02:40 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 11
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFOMF5 View Post
my regular shop did iron all included towel.
That's great! Thank you for the info,hehehe...

Good to know that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye007 View Post
Yes, the laundry includes ironing.
Cool,thank you for affirmation, hehehe...becos I thought they might charge for extra for the ironing part.

Quote:
When I first rented the kost at Apt Lai Lai in Sept 2013, rental was 2.35jt if I remember correctly. This is for a unit facing Lai Lai Hotel (rooms facing the other side is 200k cheaper). On average, the rental increases by about 100k per year.
Hmm...thanks again for the input.

Quote:
One thing not so palatable about Apt Lai Lai is the high cost of the electricity. 100kWh is given free monthly, but sure exceed. On average, I paid about 350-400k more per month for electricity (aircon usually on for 12-14hrs per day).
Beside the 2.75 juta (for a better room according to that piece of paper),i think my friend has to set aside an add-on budget of around S$50 more in case he exceed his free electricity usage. And I suppose that budget will need to double up if air-con is turned on 24 hours thru out the day,hehehe...

Interesting...

Quote:
Wifi access is another add-on cost; they have option for unlimited usage on a monthly charge basis or you can buy based on usage (can't remember how much though, maybe 50k rupiah for 1GB?)
Any chance of subscribing another ISP in this case? A separate one and not using whats given by the "landlord",hehehe...I ask becos one day if I am going to rent a room,one of the few things I will need to have is surveillance cameras all over the place and some security gadget linked to the network. I still preferred running internet on LAN.

Hmm...I guess that would also means YET another around S$50 per month budget then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mygirly View Post
Yes, include ironing and then packed neatly in plastic bags.
Can include pickup and sending back.
Thank you for sharing, it is always good to have more options...hehehe...

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info