View Single Post
Old 08-09-2006, 07:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1407 / Power: 0
Cheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud of
Re: Arsenal FC @ Emirates All Gunner fans fall in

Quote:
Originally Posted by siamcutey
Seriously, I think Flamini is better than Cole and Clichy. Clichy really quite injury prone. Esp when he is needed last season
Justin Hoyte just lacks muscle to play Centreback. Compare him with other centrebacks, Cannavaro, Terry, Toure, Campbell, Puyol, Rio, Senderos, Hyypia, he is lacking in terms of size, how to outmuscle big strikers?

SC
Flamini is actually right footed. He has done extremely well while [lsying in a left back position last season. Traditionally a right footer is not suitable for the left back position as usually one who does play there is usually a left footer.

Clichy suffered the same injury as Cole just when he was given a run in the first team. He is unlucky as he is quite a good player who lack first time experience. Given 1 or 2 season, I am sure that he can be or if not better than Cole. Before Cole we had a Brazilian Sivilho playing in that position. He is a good player, when he left for a Spainish club, I think Celta De Vigo, fans got worried about the replacement. But Cole stepped in and make that position his as well as England's left back. Arsenal traditionally had good defenders in the left back position. Remember Kenny Samson? After Kenny we had Nigel Winterburn. At one stage, Arsenal supplied all 4 defenders to England's natinal team during George Graham's era. Right back Lee Dixon, Centre Halves Tony Adam, Steve Bould, Keown and left back in Nigel Winterburn.

I though Justin was a left back and not a centre back? He lack experience. He is a rookie in EPL.

I doubt Wenger would play Gallas in left back if given a choice as it was dispute over playing out of position that instigated his move away from Chelsea and of cos the issue that he was not given a pay raise after the rest of their team were given one by their Russian owner.

I thinks that Gallas look a bit like William Hung and they even share the same Christian name. lolx!