View Single Post
Old 28-07-2005, 11:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All you need to know about "Marriage/Divorce" under the SG Law

I suspect that my spouse is dissipating (disposing of) the matrimonial assets in order to prevent me from claiming a share. What can I do?

If you suspect that your spouse is in the process of dissipating the matrimonial assets, you may apply for an injunction, that is an order to stop him and others from disposing of the assets. However, the court will not grant an injunction unless it is satisfied that there is a real risk that the assets may be dissipated and that it is just to make the order. You will also have to give an undertaking (i.e. promise) to the court that you will pay damages if the injunction is wrongly applied for. Alternatively, if you suspect that your spouse is likely to sell a particular property without your knowledge, you may lodge a "caveat" with the Registry of Land Titles, claiming a beneficial interest in the property, which may either prevent him from selling the property at all, or will prevent him from selling the property without notifying you first.

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here