View Single Post
Old 28-07-2005, 11:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All you need to know about "Marriage/Divorce" under the SG Law

My spouse isn't letting me see my children even though there is a court order to let me see my children. What can I do?

You may wish to take out committal proceedings (i.e. to send the person to jail/or fine the person for failing to obey a court order) against your spouse, to compel your spouse to obey the court order by letting you see your children. Your spouse may be liable to fine or a jail term if the court finds that he/she has been in contempt of court by breaching the court order. You may wish to seek legal advice on how to go about taking out committal proceedings, and the chances of success in these proceedings.

I have custody of my children. I do not want them to keep the surname of my ex-husband. Can I change their surname?

You cannot change your children's surname unless your ex-spouse agrees. If he does not agree, you will have to make an application to court to change their surname. But the court will not usually grant that application unless there are extremely good reasons.

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here