View Single Post
Old 20-01-2017, 02:03 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 11
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane88 View Post
Yup...very similar to chinese...also si bei holian...
I am guessing different country has got different culture and there's a need to put the appropriate dosage of understanding to the right travelling places. The correct attitude to handle matters.

Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane88 View Post
thanks for inviting me to Batam with you...bery tempting...CNY cannot go and need to settle a few prayers on lunar 4th and 5th day...after that have a project to fulfil...will let you know if can follow future trips...
No obligation at all. Just that you say you were awaiting for 2 weeks after CNY to plan/go to HCM hence during that 'blank period', thought you might have time for a short getaway, away from the usual's usual. And in any case if you happen to change your mind,do remember to PM. Other than the ferry ticket to reach Batam,everything else CAN still be arranged even if its a last min on an super ultra peak season, eg accommodation, mode of transport, food, girls etc.

Worst case scenario, you sleep on the sofa of my living room,hehehe...

Some other notes :

CNY most crowded is on the eve,1st and 2nd day,this year have to add in 3rd day due to the super long weekend.

CNY last from 28th Jan to 11th of Feb. 2 week after would be 25th Feb and onward. Those who have not visit Batam on eve,1st and 2nd day of CNY before and have been on 3rd and onward were mainly going to Batam facing way lesser crowd. (just like visiting China on 1st day of CNY versus visiting it on the 4th day onward)

Following the 2 weekends after 3rd day of CNY should be almost like Christmas day and New Year day (not their eves).

According to part of my notes which I used to read almost every year from bro Newyorker and bro Fishingman,there is a need to be extra careful for pickpockets when in crowded places. Frequency of raids on sex-related entertainment were way higher,so avoid drugs (stay far away). Police also have a higher tendency to work with working girls to extort tourists over drugs and other illegal stuffs too. Police in 3rd world countries a times will go all the way out during such season for "ang pao" (red packet).

Play safe, play longer, and live better with minimum regrets, ALWAYS use a condom for sexual intercourse in Batam.

I choose to added all of the above in the event you happen to have that small time break in between those 1st 3 days mentioned (last min) and wish to come by for a same day turnabout trip but yet consider our timing could not match each other and/or you may felt paiseh (shy) to trouble me.

For cheaper ferry tickets,you may like to refer to the link below where a bro here is selling 3 of his about-to-expire tickets at half the price, as compared to my CNY ferry ticket. (I think he overbuy them in bulk)

https://sammyboyforum.com/showpos...postcount=5424

*subject to availaibility

Setback will be, Batamfast Ferry company can only make 4 trips per day via Harbour Front and Harbour Bay (vice versa when returning too) and there is no business class seats to beat the massive crowd. The good is,you can smoke on the 2nd deck outside the ferry itself (away from air-con area) when it starts to move (dont worry,got chair to sit outside 2nd deck and open air too)...hehehe...but I cannot do that on Horizon fast ferry throughout the whole ferry ride (the ferry ride is about 50 mins plus minus excluding waiting time at the departure hall).

Suggesting the above in case you do not mind the big crowd, and wish to pay lesser ,yet still be looking at convenience, hehehe...

Oh and by the way,i read some of the to-read advise list on the HCM website under your signature :

Most part of whats written applies to Batam more heavily during CNY and other major holidays. So about safety issues, you most probably would have known.

8 more days to CNY 2017

Consolidated CNY 2017 notes :

https://sammyboyforum.com/showpos...postcount=5446

https://sammyboyforum.com/showpos...postcount=5476

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。