View Single Post
Old 15-11-2007, 01:00 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 392 / Power: 18
ProfessorOokami is a living Saint! - you won't find betterProfessorOokami is a living Saint! - you won't find betterProfessorOokami is a living Saint! - you won't find betterProfessorOokami is a living Saint! - you won't find better
Re: FR dalam Bahasa Melayu

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse_voidable View Post
Crap!!! What's happened to the Speak Good English campaign?!! Either English or jiang Huayu people!
Hey friend,

Please keep your sentiments at your side of the border. More than 99.9 % of this forum is dominated by English-based threads, why bother to conduct such nit-picking

By the way, the word "Crap" that you had uttered, is neither good English nor cultured English!!

Crap is a slang word meaning excrement or shit. The word is used to mean not only excrement, but anything of low quality, or as a negative interjection. Note that this word can be considered a curse word, (Oxford Dictionary of English Slangs, 2007)

If you are supportive of GOOD ENGLISH CAMPAIGN, then you should have said:

"oh my...such ingredients that support growth! .....blah ......blah ......blah...."

To my opinion, your English is not good either!

May I know what is the meaning of your utterance: "Either English or jiang Huayu people!"

Is it:

[1] "Either there are Englishmen [who may not speak good English] or there are Mandarin speakers"

or

[2] "Either English speakers or Mandarin speakers"

so you really need to speak more GOOD English and induldge more in cultured English too, maybe you should abstain from reading such manure posted in the SBF, if that entirely pleases you. Beware of pollution.

FYI, "huayu" is a politically motivated term. It should be HANYU [the language of the HAN people] or just PUTONGHUA [Mandarin derived from the Beijing dialect without all those idiosyncrasies of the Beijing dialect.

>End of English Language Lesson 1<