View Single Post
Old 28-07-2005, 11:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All you need to know about "Marriage/Divorce" under the SG Law

[SIZE=5]I want to see my children and I believe that my children want to see me. My spouse/in-laws are threatening my children into saying that they do not want to see me. Will this affect my chances of getting access to the children? What can I do about it? [/SIZE]

The views of the children are ascertained through a report or by the judge interviewing the children (see previous question ). If you fear that your children may not express their real feelings because of threats, you may inform the counsellor accordingly. Reports are prepared by court counsellors or social workers, who are trained professionals. Though your children may tell the court counsellor that they do not want to see you, the counsellor is trained to assess the situation, and will not automatically take their word for it. The counsellor will make notes of the interview with the children, as well as any conclusions that he comes to. Similarly, you may relay your fear to the judge hearing the case. If the judge wishes to speak to the children, the interview will be conducted privately, in the absence of both parents, so that the children may give their views candidly.

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here