View Single Post
Old 28-07-2005, 10:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All you need to know about "Marriage/Divorce" under the SG Law

My spouse is overseas/I don't know where my spouse is living. Can I still start divorce proceedings?

You can start divorce proceedings against a spouse who is living overseas. However, you should note that you will still be required to serve the divorce papers on your spouse and additional costs may have to be incurred to effect service. For example, a foreign lawyer may have to be engaged to serve papers on your spouse, or you may have to advertise in a foreign newspaper to give notice of the divorce proceedings to your spouse.

Can I still get a divorce if my spouse refuses to "sign" the divorce papers?

The answer to this question depends on which papers your spouse refuses to sign. If your application for divorce is on the ground (reason) of 3 years' separation, then your spouse must sign the Consent indicating that he agrees to a divorce on this ground. If he does not sign this, then you will not be able to get a divorce based on 3 years' separation. But if your application for divorce is on a ground other than that of 3 years' separation, then there is no paper which your spouse has to sign in respect of your divorce application.

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here