View Single Post
Old 28-07-2005, 10:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All you need to know about "Marriage/Divorce" under the SG Law

What is Judicial Separation?

You can apply for Judicial Separation for the same reasons that you can apply for a divorce. If the court grants your application for Judicial Separation:

(a) You no longer have the duty to live together and have sexual relations with your spouse.

(b) Neither you nor your spouse can inherit the property of the other person if he/she dies without making a will. (If the husband and wife are still married, and there is no decree of judicial separation, and one of them dies without making a will, the survivor would get a share of the deceased's property.)

(c) You and your spouse will have the same rights to apply for custody of children, maintenance, and the division of matrimonial assets as if you had applied for a divorce.

Either you or your spouse can still apply for a divorce after obtaining a decree of Judicial Separation.

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here