View Single Post
Old 28-07-2005, 11:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All you need to know about "Marriage/Divorce" under the SG Law

Will I have to pay or help to pay for the debts which my spouse incurred during our marriage, even though we are now divorced? I also helped my spouse pay his/her debts during marriage. Can I recover these payments during the divorce?

When either party has incurred debt for the benefit of the family (e.g., mortgage of the matrimonial home), this will be considered by the court in dividing assets. Similarly, if you have helped your spouse to pay his debts, this factor will be taken into consideration as your contribution to the marriage. On the other hand, if the debts incurred by your spouse have been for his/her sole benefit, it may not be taken into consideration in the division of matrimonial assets, and your spouse may be held to be solely responsible for these debts after the divorce.

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here