View Single Post
Old 28-07-2005, 11:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All you need to know about "Marriage/Divorce" under the SG Law

What can the court do to help it to come to a decision on custody and access?

The court may do one or all of the following, to help it come to a decision:

(a) Order a Social Welfare Report from the Ministry of Community Development and Sports ("MCDS") or a Custody Evaluation Report from a Family Court counsellor. A social worker or counsellor will interview you, your spouse and the children, as well as any other significant third party, and write a report to the court. This report is confidential. You will not get to see the report unless the court expressly allows you to.

(b) Interview the children at the ancillary matters hearing. You, your spouse or your lawyers may not sit in at the interview between the judge and the children. The judge will usually not reveal what the children have said to you, your spouse or your lawyers. You should not ask your children what they said to the judge.

(c) Appoint a Court-Appointed-Counsel, if the court feels that the case is a very acrimonious one. The Court-Appointed-Counsel is a senior lawyer, experienced in family law, who is a "friend of the court". He will investigate the matter, interview your children, and present his views on the case to the court at the hearing. He may also try to settle matters amicably between you and your spouse.

In appropriate cases, the court may order parents to attend programmes to educate them on how to relate to each other as parents, and how to handle issues of access after divorce and separation. The Family and Juvenile Justice Centre (FJJC) conducts parenting workshops for parents who are ordered by the court to do so. If the parents do not attend the programmes as ordered, the court will review (re-consider) the custody and access order it has made.

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here