View Single Post
Old 21-07-2018, 01:09 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 20 / Power: 0
AudT deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Cheating Spouse - To forgive or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dion8et View Post
I’m shaken by my discovery 2weeks back when my hub of 4years (>15years togetherness) cheated on me. He has been slping in separate room mths ago on the reason that our bed is too squeezy with a cosleeping toddler.

I found photos and msgs that he cheated on me for the past 1y with a SYT(>10years age gap) subordinate at work. The intimacy and how she made him feels “young” again; the activities they had during this courtship, the intimacies etc. I was broken.

Since our firstborn came along, I know it’s impt to keep up with the flame but I am really burnt out being a working mom and rushing chores after the kid is asleep. He works long hours so usually is out early back late, so i’m on my own to manage the kid, household and whatnot. So yes, intimaticies are lacking.
I think it's so hard to forgive and move on, and you're so strong to be able to look past this transgression. On the one hand I want to say it's good to give him a second chance, on the other, if he's so wired, he may do it again. Unless he's really contrite, and willing to let you have his phone password, check his phone etc, it'll just end up with loads of anxiety every time he needs to work late or entertain clients.