View Single Post
Old 24-01-2016, 11:01 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 11
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future
Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Dear all,

Since the old Batam Info Thread is now flood with lots of non-Batam related postings,a few members of the forum has suggested to me to create a new thread under the permission of a moderator. I believe the old thread will soon be closed and discussion regarding Batam related topics may likely continue from hereon.

As its the 1st time i start a new thread in this forum and i have totally no experience,so i start reading back on how other thread starters would have do it and i found the below from bro Hurricane88 on 1st laying the basic rules for a thread most appropriate to begin with :

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane88 View Post
The rules remained the same:

1. No over zealous sales pitch
2. Clones are not welcome
3. TS will act as referee and will control the thread with fairness
4. No personal attacks
5. All posts are for sharing purposes
6. Please do not post off topic and focus on HCM as main topic
7. All members can post with no ambiguity and no fear
1. No over zealous sales pitch

I guess everyone likely knew about this. No advertising for a particular place/girl etc etc. Its this whole forum's golden rule,i think this part will need to leave it to the moderator to judge on what are their definition of having an over-zealous sales pitch. If you found anyone with that kind of tone,report them to the moderator.

2. Clones are not welcome

Clones were never welcome since day 1 of any thread in any forums,but no forums in this world can stop the creation of clones especially in popular social media sites like this one. What you can do is simply ignore them. There is an ignore button at the bottom left hand side of each post which you can click on to ignore a particular member's post (thereafter,all his other postings,past,present and future will all disappear)

Yes,clone/s are not welcome.

3. TS will act as referee and will control the thread with fairness

Like i have said it earlier,its my 1st thread in this forum,i dont know how this referee-ing thing gonna work. The real world was never fair to begin with,internet world will not be either. My objective in the previous Batam Info Thread was to collect Batam Information (and updates),at times consolidate them,categorize them,analyze them and later repost them for my easy reference to enhance a better time for my future batam trips. My main objective hasnt change since 2 years ago and i will try my best to stay on that part of focus.

This is a Batam thread,if your objective is known to seek something else (eg. picking a fight or flaming),i would believe it is only fair to those who wish to seek the thread titled-related information to ask you to leave. Everyone is right in their own definition and not everyone will agree with every others,so try to keep an open mind. Dont get overly obsessive over who's right or who's wrong.

4. No personal attacks

This one should be easy,any definition of a personal attack in my perspective will be suggested to the moderator for post removal and not moved to another thread/section. Applies for fighting,quarreling,flaming and over-heated argument in the thread too. Remember,it takes 2 men to start a fight,another person/s taking sides on one of the 2 men to start a war. Be considerate,humble,try to talk nicely and dont get too personal. The key here is to try to respect one another during posting.

a) Avoid using strong words you dont truly mean.

Example: "I hate that idiot." In reality,you dont really "hate" him/her. You only "dislike" him/her due to something. So avoid using the "hate" word.

b) Do not jump into conclusion when you only read one or two posts from an individual. Look back his old previous posting as well,check the whole conversation between who he is speaking to. Easiest way to ignite an argument or quarrel is to do selective reading and be reading between other person's lines. Read his whole post and the conversation on the whole on who he is speaking to (check who's post he quoted). Many personal attacks online start happening becos of some really very minor misunderstanding.

c) Avoid partaking in an argument by taking sides, quoting and replying to either party. It takes 2 to start a fight,3 and more to start a war. Your reply may likely fuel the already-heated situation. It take 2 hands to clap,if my left hand refuse to clap with my right,i will only be hitting air. A person with a good heart (and good intention) will NEVER take side in a fight or quarrel.

d) Every human surely have some form of 喜怒哀乐 (Delight, anger, sorrow, and happiness) and 贪、嗔、痴、妒、慢、疑 (Greed, hatred , ignorance , jealousy , pride, doubt). Learn to keep them in control (i am also learning as i grow).

e) Be sensitive to other's belief/s.

5. All posts are for sharing purposes

We are here to share our piece of experience on Batam and we all have different characters. 10 men bonking the same girl in different time ,all 10 men will have different experiences and feel. One man's meat,other man's poison. Try to keep an open mind and be open to negativity against your favourite places or girls and/or even your ways of getting and having things done.

Please be sensitive to others during posting.

6. Please do not post off topic and focus on Batam as main topic

This is a Batam thread,try to keep in line with the titled topic. A little TCSS here and there is fine but still,try to avoid over-doing it. Off topic postings will still be subject for suggested removal,especially unrelated to thread title's off topic post that has result in an unfriendly argument.

7. All members can post with no ambiguity and no fear

We are all adults,try to stand on the another person's perspective to see things. One type of rice feeds all kind of men,we are all grown up who can think before we speaks. Ambiguity and fear should not be in our way during any posting.

8. Post trimming

Number 8 is not in bro hurricane's rule list,i added it in becos i need to help others know how i will likely be exercising myself as a TS to trim post that were not relevant to the thread or if there are disputes in a thread. In most cases after some careful study on quarreling,fighting and heated argument,case of a situation A can lead to situation B,then lead to situation C,D and eventually situation E which becomes a dispute/fight/quarrel. On such scenario,i will look from situation A to E (maybe even further backward),i may trim irrelevant posts leading from each respective situation to another situation. Meaning the whole entire quarreling/fighting/dispute conversation may disappears. And if you happen to notice your post/s went missing,it MAY NOT be becos you were not posting things right. It could likely means your post/s were caught in the middle of a snowballed contradicting situation. I apologize to you here in advance.

All in all,the above regulations were set meant to be a guideline,aiming to keep things in place and not to be against anyone. I sincerely hope for your understanding.
I have chosen to quote-lock the above 8 regulations to be used as basic guidelines for this new thread becos this is about sharing of Batam Information and Experiences,for like-minded bros forming a gathering to visit Batam ,be doing something good and enjoyable for themselves in their Batam trip/s and to help one another in need. And it should NOT be a Q & A on why such regulations were formed.

In hope for your understanding.

And thank you for reading.

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info