View Single Post
Old 28-07-2005, 11:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All you need to know about "Marriage/Divorce" under the SG Law

During marriage, my spouse and I purchased some assets, some registered in my spouse's name and some in my name. I assisted my spouse to pay for these assets, but I am now not able to prove every single payment I made towards the assets as I did not expect to get a divorce. Does this mean that I cannot claim for a share of those assets for which I cannot prove that I have made payment?

You may still claim a share of the asset for which you cannot prove that you have made payment as long as the asset is a matrimonial asset. In considering the share you are entitled to, the court will take into consideration your contribution (both financial and non-financial). In appropriate cases, to arrive at a just and equitable division, the court may take a "broad brush" approach. In other words, the court will not divide the asset by conducting a pure exercise in mathematics, that is, by simply calculating exactly how much each party paid for the asset. All other relevant factors listed in Question above will also be considered by the court.

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here