View Single Post
Old 28-07-2005, 10:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All you need to know about "Marriage/Divorce" under the SG Law

Do I have to attend court in order to get a divorce? Can't I just sign some papers in a lawyer's office?

No. In order to get a divorce, even on an uncontested basis (i.e. even if your spouse agrees to "give" you the divorce), and even if you have a lawyer, you must attend court on the day of the divorce hearing if you are the Petitioner (the one who started divorce proceedings). Your spouse (the Respondent) need only attend if he/she wants to be heard by the court. If you have a lawyer, you need not attend court for the ancillary matters hearing. Your lawyer may represent you.

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here