View Single Post
Old 28-07-2005, 11:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All you need to know about "Marriage/Divorce" under the SG Law

What will happen to our HDB flat once my spouse and I are divorced?

An HDB flat may be a matrimonial asset that can be divided by the court if it falls within the definition of a matrimonial asset. In dividing the flat, the court can make any orders set out in Question above. However, you should note that there are certain HDB policies that restrict a couple from selling or owning an HDB flat after divorce. The penalty of continuing to do so may be the forfeiture of the flat. For example, if you have not occupied the HDB flat for the requisite period, you may be barred from selling the flat. If you wish to retain the flat (the other spouse will then transfer his/her share in the flat to you), you must first be eligible to own the HDB flat under HDB's policies. It is therefore important you seek information from HDB as to what you can or cannot do with your flat before the ancillary matters hearing.

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here