View Single Post
Old 28-07-2005, 10:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All you need to know about "Marriage/Divorce" under the SG Law

I want to live separately from my spouse without a divorce. Must I enter into a Deed of Separation with my spouse or apply for any court order on the children or maintenance etc?

It is not compulsory to enter into a deed of separation. You may simply live separately. There is no legal requirement to get a court order on the separation arrangements. However, if you and your spouse have agreed on the issues of children, maintenance or division of matrimonial assets, you may formalise the agreement by signing a Deed of Separation and/or Settlement. If you want to deal with division of matrimonial assets as if you are divorced, but you do not want a divorce, you may have to apply for a decree of judicial separation and ask the court to divide the assets.

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here