View Single Post
Old 26-01-2017, 09:39 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 185 / Power: 8
Dobernite is a Helpful and Caring SamsterDobernite is a Helpful and Caring Samster
Re: All you need to know about "Marriage/Divorce" under the SG Law

I broached the idea of divorce before we started a family, but she persuaded me to stay on the marriage, children after that but she systematically disabled me financially by taking over my bank account on the pretext of the kids. I love them and eventually surrendered all my income to her and given a monthly allowance of 500.... This gradually got reduced even as my salary grew exponentially...leaving me with just 160 pm....ridiculous as this barely enough for transport and I need to pay for own breakfast and lunch. I moonlight to survive and need to be careful not to let her know how much extra I earned. I never cheated on her in our 30 yr marriage until last year as life get so depressing and I needed some warmth.....we have slept separately and not have sex for 5 years, we hardly talk as we usually end up arguing when we do. We have a care but she refused to let me use it....even when I need to pick up the kids...I have to fetch them using public transport....but now My kids are finishing their schools n entering U soon. I plan to call it quit nce the younger one complete her Jc. We have a couple of properties here and Malaysia. If I initiate a divorce do have have a case on the ground if incompatibility? Would I need to pay alimony if I opt for gong up all my properties and savings in her hand except for one property in Malaysia? I have pretty good salary and prob can start all over again with my future earning good for about a decade more.