View Single Post
Old 28-07-2005, 12:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All you need to know about "Marriage/Divorce" under the SG Law

I have already filed an application for division of matrimonial assets at the Family Court. My spouse then filed divorce proceedings at the Syariah Court and in his/her divorce application, he/she also asked the Syariah Court to decide the same issue. Which court will deal with the matter?

If the application for division of matrimonial assets is filed at the Family Court and divorce proceedings at Syariah Court are subsequently commenced, the Family Court will stop hearing the application. The Family Court will only proceed with the hearing of the matter provided either condition is met:
(i) the Syariah Court issues a "Continuation Certificate" to allow the civil proceedings at the Family Court to continue; or
(ii) your spouse consents to continue with the custody proceedings at the Family Court and a "Counselling Attendance Certificate" is issued by the Syariah Court.

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here