View Single Post
Old 28-07-2005, 11:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All you need to know about "Marriage/Divorce" under the SG Law

What is the position with regard to my children who are:
- above 21 years of age?
- above 21 years of age but who are mentally or physically disabled?
- above 21 years of age but who are still schooling?

If your children are above 21 years of age, whether they are still schooling or not, and whether they are physically disabled or not, the court will not make any orders regarding custody or access, because such children are considered as adults, and able to make their own decisions on which parent they want to live with (or indeed, if they want to live with either parent at all), and when they would like to see the parent that they do not live with. However, if your children are above 21 years of age but still schooling, then they may apply for maintenance from you until they finish schooling.

If your children are above 21 years of age but mentally disabled, then they may apply for maintenance from you. You will have to apply for a Committee to be appointed under the Mental Disorders Act to decide all matters pertaining to these children, such as where they will live, and who will take care of them. You may wish to seek legal advice on how to go about applying for such a Committee to be appointed.

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here