View Single Post
Old 28-07-2005, 11:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All you need to know about "Marriage/Divorce" under the SG Law

How can I get to see my children if they do not live with me? Would the court allow me to see my children?

You can apply for an access order to ensure that you get to see your children regularly. In deciding the access issue, the paramount or most important consideration is the welfare of the children. As a general rule, the court will grant a non-custodial parent access to the children to enable the children to build a bond with both parents. If both parents are cooperative and want the access arrangements to be flexible, an order that 'reasonable access' is granted will suffice. If however, more certainty is required, the access order may specify:

(a) the time and venue of access;

(b) whether the access should be supervised and by whom;

(c) whether overnight access is allowed (that is, the children will stay over at the non-custodial parent's residence);

(d) whether overseas access is allowed;

(e) whether access during school holidays, public holidays and significant days (such as children's birthdays etc.) is allowed; whether third parties (such as a new partner) can be present during access; and

(f) other conditions to safeguard the interests of the children.

The type of access order that the court will make will depend on many factors such as the age of your children, the relationship between your children and your spouse, you and your spouse's working hours, your children's school schedules, and so on. Circumstances will be different in every case, but the court will make a decision that it feels is in the best interests of the children.

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here