View Single Post
Old 28-11-2005, 05:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All you need to know about SEX -Your Sex Dictionary

When is a person mostly likely to get pregnant?

There are days when a healthy woman is fertile, days when she's infertile, and some days when fertility is unlikely, but possible. And every woman's body is different. A woman has a good chance of becoming pregnant from unprotected vaginal intercourse — or any sex play in which ejaculate or pre-ejaculate gets in the vagina or on the vulva — during the six days that end in ovulation. She is less likely to become pregnant from unprotected intercourse in the day or two following ovulation, but it is possible. Ovulation usually occurs about 14 days before the start of a woman's menstrual cycle.

It's important to remember that a woman's chance of becoming pregnant also depends on the life span of sperm as much as it does on the life span of her egg. The egg lives for about a day. A man's sperm can live inside a woman's body for about six days. Because the sperm can "wait" for an egg for six days, fertilization of a woman's egg is more likely from intercourse before or during ovulation than from intercourse following ovulation. Some women learn how to chart their menstrual cycles to be able to predict ovulation in order to avoid pregnancy. But the methods involved need to be learned from a qualified instructor. The ways to chart fertility patterns require keeping careful records, practice, and dedication by both partners.

However, many women's menstrual cycles (especially women in their teens and 20s) are not regular. So, predicting fertility is usually very unreliable for young women, it doesn't offer protection from sexually transmitted infection, and is not a birth control method recommended for teens.

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here