Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: -49 / Power: 0
ShadowRiders is stuck in moderation for some time to come
Re: Hatyai,Thailand For Sawadee Newbies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokosi View Post
All passengers in buses, cars, SUVs, vans, motorbikes after passing the Malaysian immigration, the Cergasjaya Duty Free area will park the vehicles outside the new Thai immigration complex that is on your left. Take your travel documents, go inside the complex and line up with your Thai entrance and exit document. Get your passport and that Thai document chop chop by the immigration. Go left to the exit, out of the complex, go to your vehicles and enter LOS. All passengers do not need to carry heavy luggage except for example.....handbags for the ladies.

Only those that walk into the complex, after parking their cars in Cergasjaya Duty Free area, with parking charges at RM16 per overnight should bring in their luggage if they wanna stay in Danok for massage, go to clubs, farms, see their Thai or Laos girlfriends.

Thai immigration may ask if u drive inside LOS. Get your Thai insurance ready and other documents......can get it at any rent a taxi service booths or shops along the road and at the make shift hut just outside the Thai immigration complex for a small fee.

Whether u line up liked crazy or not.......depends on the time you enter the Thai immigration complex.

Vietnamese ladies doing visa run also need to line up at the same immigration booth and next to all other travellers. Usually, Thai immigration officers would chop their passports and Thai entrance and exit documents fast because got agents giving them cash to speed up process for the ladies.

The custom office is inside that complex. But it was not on. So.....no one was there. All travellers just walk by the scan machine.

No more walk through is rubbish.

I walked through to buy cigs at the duty free complex without chopping my passport. But got a civilian indicating me to go to the immigration complex. Just waved at him and continued walking. Also got some Thai uniformed personnel nearby but they never looked at me when I was walking pass the old booths where the lorries enter and leave LOS.

To get to Sungai Golok.......take the boat without using your passport but must let the military personnel take down details of your ID after the river crossing.

To get to Pekan Siam in LOS, follow the railway line and without using your passport.

There is a way getting into LOS without using your passport if u are smart.

In Danok Thai immigration .........do not follow the rules 100 percent.
A few days ago I rode my motosikal into Haadyai. The procedure crossing the border checkpoint was different from my previous trips. My last trip was only 3 weeks earlier in early November and I never expected any such drastic changes on this latest trip. After the crossing the Malaysian side and approaching the Thai immigration we were stop by Thai soldiers who directed us to the open ground where they search my bag and use dog to sniff my motosikal. All the other vehicles were the same. Occupants were asked to come out from the cars & vans with their belongings to be searched. Some vehicles were search by the soldiers and some were search by dogs. After the search we had to ride my motosikal to another holding area under the watchful eyes of the soldiers then had to walk about 100m to queue at the immigration counter. After clearing immigration walk back to the holding area to collect my motosikal and proceed into Haadyai.

I stop at Danok to have some makan after leaving the checkpoint and spoke to some locals. They told me there were several changes in the top officials recently including the police commander and chief immigration officer was transferred out and new commanders taking over. Also there is increased military presence and some of the police functions are taken over by the soldiers.

I dunno if this changes is temporary or permanent as I am waiting for the floods to subside until the roads are safe enough to ride back to Malaysia. Caught in very bad weather on this trip.