Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 155 / Power: 12
voltesv is a Helpful and Caring Samstervoltesv is a Helpful and Caring Samster
Re: story time......

Because we want to!
part 1

In terms of style and substance the little cafe had all the hallmarks of a romantic destination, with little nooks and tables in out of the way corners around the main dining area. At this time of the early afternoon the place was nearly unoccupied, and the couple lingering over coffee in the center of the softly lit room made no attempt to hide their conversation.

Any ordinary glance would note the obvious family resemblance between the man and woman, and nobody would dispute the accusation that they were brother and sister. The fact that she was three years his senior was lost in the fact that they were both orbiting 30. Either could have passed for twenty-something. Joanne's fine hair was a glossy black and fell in ringlets around her shoulders, while Thom's similarly toned locks were straighter and close cropped for easy maintenance. They both sported grey-green eyes that looked out as if over vast distances. Even in build they were alike, and could have cast the same slender shadow.

"How could I be so stupid, Thom?" Joanne asked with obvious frustration. "Jeez, he slept with more different women than the total number of times we had sex the final year we were together."

Her brother had hold of her hand across the table, and he gave it a firm reassuring squeeze. "He had us all fooled, Jo. If I had any inkling earlier I would have tried to do something." He shrugged his shoulders, "I admit I really liked him. He seemed like a great guy."

"Don't beat up on yourself. I know he seemed like the right person or I wouldn't have stuck it out as long as I did." Joanne released his hand and leaned back in her chair closing her eyes. "The truth is usually only honest when you look at it backwards, from the future. What a jerk."

Looking thoughtfully at his sister as she leaned back in her chair, Thom considered her with a concerned air. He had never been blind to his sister as an attractive woman. Even in this normal situation it was tough not to notice how the tight fabric of her blouse accentuated the natural gentle curve of her breast. Small and firm, devoid of any modern cosmetic magic, they were ideal for her height. A silent snort of laughter escaped his mouth as he though 'How could any man risk losing those by fooling around?'

Joanne leaned back forward and began filing her coffee with too much sugar. "I know I should be moving on after the divorce, but I just can't get past certain thoughts. I try not to obsess about them, but sometimes they whirl around like a wind that just won't go away."

"What kind of thoughts?" Thom asked distantly, as he watched her eyes follow the swirling of the coffee. Those eyes were so like his own that it was like looking in a mirror.

"Oh, normal thoughts for a girl that just got dumped. 'What did I do wrong?' 'Is there something wrong with me?' 'Is it just that I'm no good in bed?' The usual stuff."

Thom smiled at this, and tallied off on his fingers: "Well, in order here are your answers: No, no, and no. 'You did nothing wrong.' 'There's nothing whatsoever wrong with you.' and 'I'm sure you're as good in bed as any of them.'"