View Single Post
Old 28-07-2005, 10:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All you need to know about "Marriage/Divorce" under the SG Law

What if my spouse decides to "fight" (i.e. contest) the divorce after being served with the divorce petition? What if he does not want to "fight" the divorce? And how will I know whether he intends to "fight" or not?

First of all, you must check whether your spouse is "fighting" the divorce itself (that is, whether and how the marriage should be dissolved), or the ancillary matters (that is, the questions to be decided after the divorce is approved, such as, the custody of the children, maintenance and division of matrimonial property). If your spouse chooses to fight the divorce case, the court will conduct a trial or contested hearing, which is generally more expensive and time-consuming. Your spouse will have to file a document called the Memorandum of Appearance, which will give you an indication of whether he is contesting the divorce or ancillary matters.

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here