View Single Post
Old 30-08-2005, 08:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sg law on sex related isuue and and some of the most asked questions in the forum

Treatment to terminate pregnancy not to be carried out if pregnancy is of more than a certain duration unless in special circumstances.

No treatment for the termination of pregnancy shall be carried out —

(a) if the pregnancy is of more than 24 weeks duration unless the treatment is immediately necessary to save the life or to prevent grave permanent injury to the physical or mental health of the pregnant woman; or

(b) if the pregnancy is of more than 16 weeks duration but less than 24 weeks duration unless the treatment is carried out by an authorised medical practitioner who —

(i) is in possession of such surgical or obstetric qualifications as may be prescribed; or

(ii) has acquired special skill in such treatment either in practice or by virtue of holding an appointment in an approved institution over such period as may be prescribed.

(2) For the purposes of subsection (1), the duration of the pregnancy shall be calculated from the first day of the last normal menstruation of the pregnant woman to the end of the 24th week or to the end of any week between the 16th and the 24th week, as the case may be, or the duration of the pregnancy may be ascertained by clinical examination.

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here