View Single Post
Old 25-01-2016, 11:13 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 11
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoric View Post
I like the way he writes those stories too. All of them has some life reflecting lesson,not out of topic as Batam Info & yet appropriate to the behavior of human nature in this forum & in the sex scene.
I would love it if anyone were to look back at my very old posts before i begun myself in the Batam Info Thread. It reflects how i was cut out here today and why i was doing what i am doing now,setting up all the guides,have all these listings,writing these long-winded stories,summarizing my trips etc etc.

If you look from my beginning,Batam wasnt even my initial planned destination to go to on a regular basis. I was planning to go some other places in Asia and not Indonesia, Batam. I went to other threads ,like every newbie did, i asked some of the most basic questions any newbies would have asked.

1. The approximate budget to bring for the trip for the number night stay

2. Hotel stays where its near to cheonging places for a newbie to easily navigate

3. How to navigate from thereon

4. Things to watch out for,the good and bad.

5. How to be paying right

You know what was the reply i received whenever i ask those questions? Or after reading thru part of the respective thread,what was the reply to newbies who ask those questions? The answers were always almost the same ones i get from Uncle fishingman's collection below :

https://sammyboyforum.com/showpo...ostcount=32854

I am new,i read thru part of those threads (some even with over a thousand pages),i am not sure in almost everything,i asked a few questions humbly and sincerely and i am as good as not having an answer at all. Worse,even got humiliated at times. But still thats fine with me becos i take it that i am new,i need to be humble myself more perhaps but even at that...it wasnt an easy path to get to where i am today.

i was pretty mad that i am new until i reach the previous Batam Info Thread. There are at least some bros here willing to help start up me off in Batam. To name some of them,they were bro Naka Timo,bro Newyorker,bro AV Lover,bro Tiuminator,bro fishingman,bro nightcrawler and many others (sorry,i cant remember all names very well as mentioned previously that i dont hold too good a memory).

My Batam Guides

I start to pick things up about Batam and travel there and I tell myself from that day onward,i am going to try my best not to allow another "me" having to go thru what i have gone thru (in Batam). Thereafter i read this thread again for the 2nd,3rd and later on ,the 4th times...the whole thread nearing 2000 pages. I note down all important points,set it...created a guide and later a constantly updated listings base on the knowledge of past and present contributors. At the same time,i also collect all the Frequently Asked Questions by newbies. i study why seniors so much detest answering to newbie's basic questions by standing in their shoes and eventually come up with an idea.

Since i considered myself still super newbie to Batam back then. I used my most current mentality AS a newbie to created my very own Batam Walkthrough guide for 1st time Batam visitor so as to better allow other newbies like me in future to have a clearer and better understanding of Batam. At the least,help them to get a starting ground to minimise mistakes. Believe me, I will not be able to have that similar newbie mentality again today. And i wish during that time i have a nono1973 to help me.

With all the guide/s in place,anyone who ask a repeated newbie questions,i need not answer them all over again. I simply point them to the correct direction with a link from my signature. If they chose not to 1st read them, then even the "Monkey God" personally comes to them cannot help them.

And if they read and couldnt understand or if they have further queries after reading,they can still asked their question/s in the forum and this is the part where most seniors or those who has the experience in this thread will be more willing to reply.

My Batam Summaries

https://sammyboyforum.com/showpost.p...ostcount=34204

Then come my summaries. Why am i writing summaries of my almost every trip to Batam nearly EVERY MONTH? No one does that,or at least no one will have that discipline to do that for more than 1.5 years. Remember the Monkey King in the journey to the west story? The monkey was born from a piece of magical stone billions of years old,so innocent as a baby monkey...so untainted by humanity.

From another perspective,I was like that in this thread too. Everyone including myself start off in this forum,well-mannered,humble...willing to lose a bit of pride for some good quality information they could gather from oldbies in order to have a good time in Batam. But over a period of time when i become more knowledgeable,i have enough information on Batam to get me by,my wings become strong and able to fly to any part of Batam within my will....i will begin to become PROUD! Becoming too much of myself,a know-it-all,selfish ,impatient person who isnt so much willing to share...and who knows i might even start pinning newbies or oldbies (or anyone) down for the slightest things by biting on some words or a sentence they say.

That is where my summaries comes to play. They constantly reminds me,i was once a newbie,i was once weak and w/o wings,i was once asking for help too...more importantly,i remember i once started out humble and polite. People in the thread helped me. My summaries keeps a record of my previous trips,beside being for my own reference of my future batam trips,it also keeps me on my toes...to talk nicely,to be humble,to behave,to be more patient and to speak with care. Hence i make it a point to have a summary in every Batam trip. In some way,it has locked away most of my prideful self and keep me from going astray.

In case you havent notice,I try to keep myself as rational as possible during a reply and cut back on having emotion. When i am emotional affected,i stay away. Until my head are cool enough,then will i reply. Therefore my replies to others were usually late,hehehe...i know what i am after,and i remain on that focus.

If there is an obstacle in what i plan to do,i will try to work around it.

Today

I have learn to gather information,share them and let information collide with information to sparkle questions which in turn leads to even more information which i can then collect them. A win-win situation for myself and hopefully for all too.

In my perspective, there should never be an "all good" and no bad in a particular joint,food places or anything in Batam (or vice-versa). If there is,definitely something is not right somewhere. My focus has never change about gathering good information and hopefully i can one day make every of my Batam trip a good trip.

As for how to do that...well,i am still learning. There is still so much to learn.

I love Batam!

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info