View Single Post
Old 28-07-2005, 11:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All you need to know about "Marriage/Divorce" under the SG Law

The court has made an order to divide our matrimonial assets. Can I apply to court to change (vary) or to revoke (set aside) this order if I am not happy with it? Will the position be different if the order was made pursuant to a consent or agreement between the parties?

The court may, at any time it thinks fit, extend (i.e. enlarge), vary (i.e. change) or revoke (i.e. cancel) any order made on the division of the matrimonial assets. In appropriate cases (for example, there is a material change in circumstances such that the earlier order can no longer be carried out), the court will exercise this power. If, however, the situation is that a party is dissatisfied with the order of division made by the court, the party should file an appeal against the order. The position is different with an order made by the consent of the parties (a "consent order"). A consent order cannot generally be varied, unless the order is subject to certain conditions which cannot be fulfilled, eg. the HDB flat is ordered to be sold subject to HDB's approval and HDB does not grant approval for sale.

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here