View Single Post
Old 18-01-2017, 05:39 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 11
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane88 View Post
most already leaving for home...mass exodus migration...similar to China golden long week...
Hmm...didn't expect Vietnam to be so close to China in terms of culture. In that case, you may wish to come over to Batam during CNY for a short break away. Now,let's see. If your concern is the crowd at both end of the ferry terminal,simply buy the same ferry ticket like I did and in Business class :

Cost may be on the high side at S$70 but what you are getting is a "beat most of the crowd priority" queue when you reach Batam. Every year over the last 2 CNY 1st and 2nd day arrival,i am either no.1 or no.2 on the queue to get my passport chop at the custom counter,hehehe...and w/o the need to run.

(cost of accommodation is about S$25-S$40 for a simple hotel room,better hotels might cost more)

Important note at this point,remember to collect your boarding pass at Horizon ferry counter upon reaching Harbour Bay to confirm your return back to Sillypore becos when there is a massive amount of tourist going to Batam,there will also be massive amount returning on another days.

Of course,if you wish to beat the crowd further,take the ferry when the sunset. Last year,the ferry I took was about 50% full on economic class by night,hehehe...(I still use business class tho) and becos I usually recommend myself to come via Harbour Bay (from Harbour Front),to date I have not encounter traffic jam nor road block,hehehe...

Special note,i am talking about the eve,1st and 2nd day of CNY,not thereafter where the crowd was already down by at least 50%. (even at 50% down,it can still be about a certain bigger percentage of Christmas eve crowd,hehehe...) So you may also consider going after 3rd,4th day or thereafter any day of CNY.

If you plan to have a simple break from the mongering in Vietnam and didn't want to wear yourself out too much,you may consider the activities below :

1. Windsor Tua Pek Kong temple by night during CNY eve,where there are often some stage performance employed by the temple management from Taiwan.

2. The same temple by day will look like some busy market place of the old time Sillypore which even in Batam cannot be commonly seen during normal days. Can relive those moment if you are into old-time sake,hehehe...

3. Becos Batam is part of Indonesia and it has a lesser populated Chinese,most shops will be open even on the 1st and 2nd day of CNY. Having said that,most money changer run by Chinese however will be close on the eve,1st and 2nd day of CNY. The Chinese were exceptionally hardworking when I notice some still open for business. (Meximo Pub wan tan mee still open, Money changer beside Linda still opens etc)

4. You may wish to take a ride to KTM resort and pray at the Guan Yin temple there too. It has beautiful scenery there,tho I believe it would not be better than those you have seen in HCM city. But one thing you can do there which you cannot do in HCM is overseeing Singapore while you are on a holiday mode. An illustration will be,tho your physically body may not be in Sillypore,but you can still at least see it,hehehe...

5. Finally,tho I may be saying to take a break from all the mongering in HCM style but I still do not know your thoughts. And if you happen to miss the HCM's no hand restaurant, you may wish to book a girl to 'play handicap' in Batam while you were fed with some exotic fruit,hehehe...below is just an idea.

*I guess I no need to mention the firecracker part where no one can play in Sillypore,hehehe...

Above were some simple suggestions on what you can do in batam during CNY if you happen to be bore in Sillypore while awaiting for the '2 weeks after CNY to go to HCM again'. Definitely cannot be better than your most ideal HCM...well,but i believe it should be able to make-do with if you aren't picky,hehehe...

Afterall, i will be there in Batam during those time,hehehe...and I am counting down to CNY.

10 more days to CNY....

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info