View Single Post
Old 14-07-2015, 03:35 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 254 / Power: 13
micmac888 is one of the Best!micmac888 is one of the Best!micmac888 is one of the Best!
Re: Batam Info Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nono1973 View Post
If you step out of Meximo Pub front door,turn right. Its on my 16th Trip data,hehehe...about 60 steps away from Meximo Pub.
Thanks Nono ~~

MEXIMO Mie Pangsit
===============

MEXIMO

Facing Meximo, a few shops to the left :

Operating hours : 0730 - 2359 everyday except on the 15th-day(s) of the lunar calendar (but will still open if that day falls during weekends)

Boss :

Mie/Miepok-Pangsit (standard size : RP17K each) :

Conclusion : Those who go Meximo KTV/PUB, great for supper/dinner as there is no other "decent" hawker food within short walking distance. And also because of that, tell boss to add the works : more balls, more char siew, more beansprouts, more everything except noodle and - *dun order jumbo size* as taste and texture almost completely change. Standard size (noodle portion) still best.

With Nono's photo confirmation, went in there. Ordered both mee-gia (non chili) and meepok (chili) versions. When the order came, I noticed the char siew was thinly sliced - and I already thought INSTAR was already too thin - lol.

Anyways, I was hungry so I finished my mee-gia in under 30secs and 7 mouthfuls. Was alright but not better than Instar or Momo - *however* - I surveyed the vicinity and there isn't any other eatery that perhaps caters for clean(er) stomachs (LOL). Hence, this stall does decent and cheap noodles, and actually is a god-send to those having fun at Meximo (we all know how much more expensive food is sold at pubs/ktv).

Still hungry, I boi tahan - ordered the jumbo version. Wakow.... taste and texture totally changed. A bro here said that jumbo versions will taste different and I concur. The ratio of cooking time vis-a-vis noodle-amount vis-a-vis sauce-amount vis-a-vis other-ingredients-amount was not balanced. I should have ordered 2 extra standard portions where everything was far balanced. LOL.

Although I am not a particular fan of chili/ketchup sauce in noodles, but if I happen to be in Meximo's vicinity there/then - I will come here to eat for sure.

ENJOY!