View Single Post
Old 03-06-2015, 03:56 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 11
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future
Re: Batam Info Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intltuk View Post
Think tis is common for traveling overseas as most would patronize restaurants since the price is equivalent to S'pore coffeeshops and they're there only as a tourist. Only frequent travelers will patronize coffeeshops/stalls as they become `part local'
Hehehe...i am still working on my 3 meals in my coming Batam trip while typing this. And i already have a rough idea after reading up some advice here. Sorry,my reply is always back-dated as i try not to reply anyone too fast and try to discipline myself to read 1st w/o replying out of impulse for non-urgent matters.

I already have a few places in mind for my 3 meals. Basically all of it will be from Food court in my coming trip...

Likely brunch of my 1st day : Astro Food Court (at ground floor of Astro Hotel near Penuin area)

( Click to show/hide )

Food in Astro Food Court LOOK amazingly good tasting,isn’t it? How would they taste like,hehehe...time to find out….

For dinner,i am likely to go as advise by Bro JohnKHB to A2 Food Court :
(why does all the Good Tasting Food places always have to be at Penuin area..lol)

http://sammyboyforum.com/showpos...ostcount=30578

I have been to A2 Food court,but all the time i did that during Day Time where the kwetiau goreng shop is not open. What is it like after sunset in A2...i have yet to find out. I already have a very good impression on A2 during the day,i will see what happens at night,hehehe....

A little intro on A2 Food Court for the new comers. Basically A2 Food Court is divided into 2 parts,one part was for the day which is sheltered, the other part is the night portion aka open air area which is often close at most part of the day. Relatively quite common sense here as it is an open concept at the outside of Food Court,who would like to have their lunch under the hot sun or at times,the rain? So the other part of the food court will only open up after sunset.

( Click to show/hide )
These pictures should cover all the outside of A2 Food Court

If bro JohnKHB says the Medan guy kwetiau goreng shop is not open in the day,that means the shop should be outside the Food Court itself as it only opens in the evening,hehehe...it would be dinner at Batam….soon.

...continue to next post below...

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info